Motors New Car - Audio System? (Interior Pics)

Discussion in 'General' started by j`w0n, 14 May 2004.

1. samuelellis

samuelellis What's a Dremel?

not that expensive crystal, RE and diamond are all home brands to you americans so they should be pretty cheap over there (not as cheap as pyle pyramid etc or wal mart offerings but thats all crap anyway)

2. Slick13

Slick13 What's a Dremel?

ws gonna say there seems no point in buying a sub smaller than 8".

it makes sense that the 2 8 inch can move as much air as a 15. I have never ordered less than a 8 in for when i do my installs at work

3. micb

micb Minimodder

In the end quality of the a subwoofer driver makes a massive differnce to output.

You see output is a function of cone area x cone excursion (x-max).

In general better designed more expencive subwoofer drivers have more excursion so that the cone can move foward and backward a further distance and displace more air.

So very good 8 inch driver like the Elemental designs e8a which has a linear one way xmax of over 16mm, if given a decent amount of power like 600 WRMS can easly play louder and lower than a pair of cheeper poor brand 10 or 12 inch subwoofers.

So you can see why quality make a big difference.

Small Subwoofers.
    There reason there are 5, 6, and 7 inch subwoofers is mainly that they are used upfont in custom doorpod/kickpanel builds for strong mid bass that drops low pritty low.

I have heard a few good car installs that even get decent output at 32hz with just there upfront subwoofers.

The other use is if there is someone want a little bit of bass kick but does not want subwoofers to be used in the boot, you can put place a set of 6,7 or 8 inch subwoofers into the rear speaker mounts and have a small IB Infinate Baffle) system.

JL Audio and Image Dynamics used to do a specific IB version of 8 inch subwoofer to used IB in descrete bass installs.

4. Rody

Rody What's a Dremel?

Nice car! Yeh the suggestions people have been giving you are good so far... Its just installing the sound system...

5. j`w0n

j`w0n What's a Dremel?

Just to let you guys know, I installed a new head unit last week. It's a JVC KD-G700. I'm normally not a huge JVC-goer, but this one looked pretty reasonable, and included a motorized face, remote control, and mp3/wma playback (which is mainly why I bought it). Anyway, it made the factory speakers sound a whole lot better and really makes the rear factory woofers shine. I think I'll hold off on subs or anything else right now.

I tried to stear away from the real techy sleek silver ones and got a darker, more retro-looking one to match my car (for the most part), but here are some pics...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. agent-j

agent-j Guest

thats what johnwilliams474 said i know him very well when i get my car im going to get him to install a new head unit first off

7. tomd

tomd What's a Dremel?

as far as car stereo (probably any stereo, but i only have experience in car audio), the install is way more important than the equipment, set things up right, proper enclosure(s), wiring and such....

And as far as cheap good subs go, imho, can't beat RE8s, last i check they were $48/ea from Visionary Audio, and are suprisingly powerful, i have a pair ported in my sentra, nobody believes they are 8's....

and pyramid/legacy/pyle/sony etc = junk

8. j`w0n

j`w0n What's a Dremel?

Heh, Sony isn't so bad...

9. tomd

tomd What's a Dremel?

well, the price to performance ratio isn't so great, can do better for the same or less.

10. j`w0n

j`w0n What's a Dremel?

True, it is fairly expensive.

Tags: