Final Fantasy 7:Advent Children Case Mod

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by KayinBlack, 2 Jul 2004.

1. Arkangyl

Arkangyl What's a Dremel?

Kayin you pimp; lookin good...

2. Nightingale_zero

Nightingale_zero What's a Dremel?

I am in Northeastern Ohio Near Canton (live in a small town called Louisville thats just a few miles away from Canton itself and an hour away from cleveland).

To bad FF7:AC is only a movie and not a new game. For some reason a mobile gaming subsidary comany of Square Enix thought it would be a good idea to make an FF7 game for mobile phones and such based in the years before the original FF7 game. I just hope the movie doesn't make a mockery of the game. I still don't get what Square Enix was thinking when they decided to make FF7:AC into a movie intead of a game and still charge 50 dollars per copy because you have to watch it on the consoles. WHEN WILL THEY REALLY LISTEN TO THE FANS!

Sorry about my little gripe, but that should give you an insight to where the AC came from kinda. Anyhow back to the modding at hand.

Last edited: 2 Jul 2004
  3. piloux

piloux What's a Dremel?

wow , amazing window etching and keyboard :clap: this is going to be a nice mod man, FFIV is one of my favourite games, I subscribes and want to see how it turn out :thumb:

4. WaZzUp115

WaZzUp115 What's a Dremel?

i think the case looks just awesome! the coloring is great :clap:
    and that keyboard is just.. ":jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:"!!

Also i cant wait to see what the materia will look like!
    And it would be cool if you spray painted some text on the none-window side, Like "Mako Reactor" something.. And added such a yellow/black "thingy" on the same side but mostly covered in dust/mud/dirt.

5. coil

coil What's a Dremel?

I know what Advent Children is; having seen a few trailers, the dominant colors look pretty similar to those used in the game - again, greens and blues rather than orange. Just my opinion.

6. Madbomber

Madbomber What's a Dremel?

Damn, this one is looking great, always been a fan of the FF series games, will have to keep an eye on this one, registered just to do so. :D

7. Caffeind

Caffeind What's a Dremel?

hmm... do you remember at the end of ff7 when red xiii (or narib) ran to the cliff on the edge of cosmo canyon where his father was encased in stone... you remember seeing all the plant life all over the fallen city of midgar???

im just thinking yes that would produce rust... but what would be super kewl is if you could get a sort of vein thing over the rust... kind like roots, but they look like there in the rusted metal???

im not sure how you would pull this off but i would love to see you do it if you could :thumb: :thumb:

as for the case itself... your laser etching is very nice... i hope your going to put that to use by shining a light through the perspex and get a nice "glowing effect"

the rust is looking nice... try getting some of the old concept art pictures for midgar to look through, theme it properly if you can... and also on the other side of the case i think there needs to be the shinra logo somewhere too

i have been sketching up ideas for a ff7 case, but i wasnt thinking of doing a case for after the disaster... this should be quite interesting...

and also the materia... you should experiment with different balls... im sure you could get one of those plasma balls... tint the glass to whatever colour materia your having (summon=red :thumb: :thumb: ) and see what hapernes when you light it up... i dont think these take up too much voltage, and would look very nice in that 120 mm hole at the front

anyway... ill be watching this, i hope to see a good result :)

caff.

8. piloux

piloux What's a Dremel?

you really ought to integrate a clad' sword replica into this mod, it would be great :)

9. Caffeind

10. Nightingale_zero

Nightingale_zero What's a Dremel?

I was never a big fan of the buster sword. Now the Masmune, Ragnorok, and Ultima swords are my fav. And a little off topic but gotta love the FF8 Lionheart sword. Also I would just use an actual crystal in its rough form so it looks like its still in its raw form ( like from the mako fountain in Nibelheim with all the crystal etc).

11. Caffeind

raw materia... that could be used in a sort of watercooling idea for his case... the raw materia being processed (water + colour = raw materia )

12. Geqxon

Geqxon What's a Dremel?

I am pretty sure alienware will comercialize this rust-hype in no-time :)

13. Bobpa!

Bobpa! What's a Dremel?

Damn nice keyboard man! Wow, you did a great job on that on! :thumb:

14. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

In order...

nightingale-I live in Leipsic, about to move into Lima... There's a bunch of us going to StompFest in Sept., maybe you should come too...

Arkangyl-I knew I recognized you...

piloux-d00d, you are the inspiration for this mod, if you could, e-mail me (info is in profile, the gmail account) so I can discuss some of your techniques and pass on what I know if you're interested...

Caffeined-the materia is going to be solid acrylic, which I will be altering somewhat witha 10 LED hard drive meter, to simulate the "glowing" effect of Aeris's materia... and watercooling? I got two Koolance pump/res kits here, just waiting to be hooked up, as well as the rest of one full loop, for loop/dummy loop setup...

As to updates, I gotta go get some of my parts out of storage to continue working, but I have a mouse somewhere, if I can find it, and I have a monitor I'm modding as well, so I'm far from done with this PC...

Thanks all, any other questions, like a Cloud reference, will have to wait, I gotta eat...

15. KayinBlack

double posting, but only because of updates...

Next series of pics is the original idea, made before I had anything but a controller in my hand, this will give you some more idea of what I'm doing here...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is just an idea of where things are headed, this isn't definitive, just my own brand of concept art. And yes, I wrote fux0red.

16. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

and w00t... what scares me is that you use 0's instead of o's when writing and then cross them just to make sure nobody doubts your l33tsp3^king skillz

interesting concept... although the kinda black/white makes it a little tricky to see where it's going

17. Caffeind

right... the best possible most amazing things you could do are the following...

1. watercooling run blue dyw through it, to simulate raw materia

2. if your doing holy, as in aeris's materia that would roxor.... so do that :D :D

3. yes yes and oh yes... the crystal idea in your case... very important... go on the net, go here:

http://cnb-host4.clickandbuild.com/...Pos=15&op=catalogue-products&prodCategoryID=6

if you do have enough cash to do this... buy a large crystal, and set up some bright blue led's unserneath it... the light willl be diffused and look like real materia...

anyway thats just a few thoughts, as im not sure what you budget is on this... but that could roxor :)

caff.

18. ¿þŘΩĐĮĢΫ?

¿þŘΩĐĮĢΫ? What's a Dremel?

i would engrave a pic of Septhiroth on the top window, that would look uber sweet and i got a very good pic of him that just looks beautiful if you want it just P.M. me

Last edited: 3 Jul 2004
  19. KayinBlack

That's no window, that's what will be my I/O panel...

and hmm, these look ShinRa-ish...

[​IMG] something I did in PS...

[​IMG] self-explanatory to those who have played the game...

Will be putting them on and washing them with my "mud type paints, and hopefully the edges will peel and everything...

20. Caffeind

:thumb: :thumb:

nice piccies