Project: Hydro Voyager--DEAD

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by jaguarking11, 25 Apr 2004.

1. jaguarking11

jaguarking11 Peterbilt-strong

Well i havent got mutch done in the last two weks because i have been out. But I did decide to go with a metalflake black witch gives it a grayish colour. And i am smothing out the imperfections.

But I did get some goodies in in the past two weeks. I got a hydor L30 pump from http://www.cooltechnica.com/ and I did order a copper toped danger den maze 4 but they didnt have the coper tops so they upgraded me to a swiftech block for free and I am happy they did because I realy do like the swiftech blocks but they are so dam expensive.

I also got a fx5900xt from PixelView and its the Golden Limited version the review of the card is here.

in response to painting the heatcore. I am not going to paint the fins as they will be covered by a custom shroud but only the outer rim and top and bottom tanks so it looks like a finished product.

Well this is my to do list

sand and smooth out the last of the imperfections and give a final coat and sand it with 1500grid sandpaper. then I have to apply some clearcoating to all paints and wetsand them to perfect finish. I hope to have pics up this week.

Make a plexi foot print and lighte it up with red and orange leds to create fire effect (thanks to zapwizards idea of using them together)

also wire up leds on the sides of the front bezel to make it glow.

make headers and solder all the buttons and usb, lcd, etc etc.

2. jaguarking11

Ok guys update time.

I decided to paint my case with Dupli-color Truck,Van & SUV paint I purchased at the local autozone for 3 bux a can. The color is universal black. Witch is actualoy a black paint with metal flake in it. The metal flake apers to be bronze.

Here is a pic of the front of the case.

[​IMG]

Note that i didnt put a clearcoat on it and thats just after wet sanding it with 1500grid paper.

here is the side door that will not have a window on it painted.

[​IMG]

And As I staded before I have my Swiftech mcw5002-p waterblock. I didnt bother taking it out of the box yet because I havent installed it in yet.

[​IMG]

And here is the pump still in its box. In all her glory My Hydor L30 is finaly here.

[​IMG]

Tats all for now but stay tuned As I plan on doing some work on the radiator in the coming weekend and also start puting a clear coat in the front and paint and clear coat the rest of the case.

3. Axly

Axly slo-mo...dder

Nice to see a mod that is primarily for function, and then good looks as well :thumb:
    The flashy bling bling merry-go-rounds just don't give "that" feeling. Very curious about how this will turn out. I'm also quite interested in seeing how the heater core will look...

4. jaguarking11

Well I managed to finish my radiator today. It was hell i tell you as everytime I sotered a hole shut on it a new one sprung a leak. I managed to destroy a fiew fins but no big deal as they are at the top and usualy dont serve very well regardless. I also painted it today. One nice coat of primer and one nice coat of pasint did the trick very nicely. Btw I did not paint the fins of the rad just the top tanks and elbows and sides. I also polished the rad b4 painting it with my new toy ( yes I finaly got a dremel)

Well here are the pics...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Well here is my mini update. Soon I will have the iner part of the case finished and painted so i can start puting my system together. But at the moment time is scarce.

5. jaguarking11

Well this my idea for a reservuar.

The pic of the diagram.
    [​IMG]

6. Stormtrooper

Stormtrooper Shh...

A blower fan, of course! I have to take a mental note of that. Great idea.

7. jaguarking11

U dont have to picture it because I have taken a pic of the blower on the psu. Look in a cuple of the previous pages.

8. Alienhead

Alienhead What's a Dremel?

I like the water bottle idea.

I have been running into trouble trying to find something to hold the water that will be practical but also look very futuristic.

Is the water level guage actualy going to "read" the water level or just have marks like a meter stick?

9. Alienhead

Alienhead What's a Dremel?

I like the water bottle idea.

I have been running into trouble trying to find something to hold the water that will be practical but also look very futuristic.

Is the water level guage actualy going to "read" the water level or just have marks like a meter stick?

10. Sc0rian

Sc0rian Here comes the farmer

cool work man, cant wait to see the watercooling in

11. The Bart Man

The Bart Man What's a Dremel?

Modding a Dell case is a tough job man. Had one open at my work. Dan everthing is different in a dell case. And they are damm heavy. Total steel :wallbash: . But honorous job to making them look good!

Verry nice colour!!

12. jaguarking11

It will most likely have lines on the gauge to show water levels. And yeh dell cases are total steel covered in plastic casings. But that was the reason why I decided to mod a dell. Thse cases are tugh and most likely will stand up to an atomic blast :D .

thanks for the compliments so far guys. It should start to get interesting now. btw I am about to order two other cpu blocks for very cheep that I am hoping to convert to gpu and chipset blocks. The blocks are 1 spiral p4 socket 478 that im hoping to convert to chipset and the other is a danger den maze 3 that i might convert to gpu block.

Will update soon as I am finaly aproaching some time off.

13. Uno1_

Uno1_ What's a Dremel?

This is looking really slick, very practical for an everyday use computer. I've been drooling at the Orac3 and wondering how I could ever bring myself to touch something that glowey for fear a single fingerprint will destroy the shineyness! :D

Edit: I would dearly love to see a mini-guide on how easy that LCD is to hook up. Extremely nifty!

14. mrplow

mrplow obey the fist!!

Looking very nice :)

Keep it up! :dremel:

15. jaguarking11

Well i managed to do soem work on the tank today. I picked up soem pvc pipe and caps for it. The tank diamater is 3inches and the top fill hole with a cap is a coke botle top thats been cemented in the top of it. I did asemble the tank and make the threads for the fittings. But I forgot to put the fitings on it when I took the pics of it :wallbash: . I will sand the tank and primer it and paint it the color of the case when I get a chance. I am also debating on wheather to put the water level guage like in the diagram or not. Probly I wont but then again i might change my mind.

Here is the semifinished tank.

[​IMG]

And another
    [​IMG]

I have also taken pics of the finished top. I finished it almost just needs to be wet sanded and a clear coat put ontop.

Here are the pics of the top with the ribs for air on it.

[​IMG]
    and another pic
    [​IMG]

16. jaguarking11

Well Update time again.

I have painted the iner cage of the pc.

[​IMG]

And another shot.

[​IMG]

I have also built and primered a fan shroud.

here is the first shot

[​IMG]

Well here she is sandwitched between a 92mm fan and the rad.

[​IMG]

Here is a arial picture of it.

[​IMG]

Now I have also primered my res. I have decided against puting a water guage as its not necesary. (pardon my hand) (also note that I have masked the top lid thread and the hose barbs.)

[​IMG]

And another shot of it

[​IMG]

17. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Any reason for a 92mm fan on the rad instead of a 120?

A watercooled dell... there's a new one :)

18. jaguarking11

Well the 92mm fan is the bigest fan I could get from a local shop in that aluminum type.

And the whole part about this thing being a dell. thats not true as i am not using any dell components aside from the case itself witch I rather liked.

19. WaZzUp115

WaZzUp115 What's a Dremel?

hehe. my dad has the same case..

but what about that red/brown color? :eyebrow:

20. 3vil-Grin

3vil-Grin What's a Dremel?

Great project so far!!!

I know this is old news but I found a site that can help out those "water needing modders" out there, with the need for a specific size heatercore.

http://www.overclockers.com/tips1031/

Anyways...keep the pics comin!!!
    :rock: :D