Modding Sleeving a PSU with SATA connectors?!

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Inferno509, 24 Jul 2004.

1. Inferno509

Inferno509 What's a Dremel?

Hey guys, just picked up an Antec True 430. It has the molex for SATA connectors, how do I remove these so I can sleeve the rail?

I have tried fooling around with the molex connector and i cannot get it off! My other rails are all sleeved now except the ones with the SATA power on them :(...HELP!! :wallbash:

2. kill_me_quick

kill_me_quick Big and Blue

This shouldn't be in mod guides..............get someone to move it to modding (pm one of those lovely mods)

and welcome to the forums
    [​IMG]

3. unrealhippie

unrealhippie What's a Dremel?

right,

get a tiny screw driver, and in the top there u can just see opening, pop a screw driver in, push down GENTILY to release the pin and then slowly and carefully pull the pin out!

4. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

There are a couple types of ways SATA connectors are done. There's the low-profile "T-style" and then there's the one that uses the connection similar to an SATA converter cable with the pins.

If it's the T-style, gently pull off the back cap thing and just pull the wires out. Remember what order they go back in! If it's the one with the pins, take a small flathead screwdriver and GENTLY lift the little black tab that holes it in a TINY bit. It doesn't need to go up very far at all and they break quite easily (trust me).

5. kaZuo

kaZuo What's a Dremel?

There is also another type which comes with a heat shrunken housing. No way to remove the pins without removing the shrink housing :blah:

6. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Oh those solid plastic ones? Yeah, but those typically only come on the 6" molex->sata adaptors.

7. Phire

Phire Performance-PCs.com

cut it off right below the IDC Sata conn and make a adaptor out of it (no 3.3v wire though, have to lop that off too).

I would buy another SATA IDC and add it to the line if you need another connection