News GameCube fights to stay in the game

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by GreatOldOne, 15 Jan 2004.

1. ChriX

ChriX ^

I like my GC because of the great party games on it, there's nothing more fun than Super Monkey Ball 1 or 2 or Super Smash Brothers Melee at a party where everyone is drunk. So much fun to be had with those games. I'd much rather play these than some multiplayer racing game (for example) on the PS2 or Xbox.

Plus, the PS2 controller is old, needs a re-design, it's so uncomfortable and doesn't fit in your hands properly, it's not rounded enough, somebody needs to tell Sony what ergonomics are. As for the Xbox controller - *shudder*.

Who was that who was going on about one button on one side instead of both making it more complicated? The Xbox has the pad on one side and a load of buttons on the other (that are really uncomfortable :p), how is this any different from Nintendo adding one extra button on one side. Besides, Z isn't meant for constant use like it was on the N64, where it was that kind of trigger position when holding the middle part of the controller. Or maybe it is and i'm missing the point due to the games I play!

2. 01thogil

01thogil What's a Dremel?

The GameCube has by far the best controllers. Thay are the only coltrollers thet seem to have been designed to fit your hands. The button layout on the front is perfect, with the most used button (the A button) being logically the biggest and in the middle, The sholder buttons having good analogue and digital functions with a very confortable shape. the controll stcks are in the correct positions for most games (all but FPS). The only bad bit is the terrible z button.
    Sorry, just my mates are always saying that the gamecube controller sucks, with no evidence, i just wanted to get that off my chest.

Tags: Add Tags