Windows Gaming Mouse

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by ~<(MoD-Urn)>~, 25 Jan 2002.

1. xcqt

xcqt What's a Dremel?

i have a logitech dual optical . much better in quake 3 than the the intelli mouse i had before.

2. actionplant

actionplant What's a Dremel?

MS

My MS optical intellimouse does great in unreal tournament, its fast enough if you're used to making big sweeps. Got a Ratpad on the way too, which should help speed things up even more.

3. eaterofpies

eaterofpies What's a Dremel?

well i was forced to buy a new mouse as my cheapo optical finally died at 2 am the day i was due to go to a lan party so i got thelogitech dual optical as it was slightly cheaper and i needed drink :D i was impressed at the difference it makes with gaming i havent tried a M$ one but im happy with this one for now thanks for the suggestions

(cordless suck imho cos i like a light mouse hence optical so why increase the weight)

4. Daneo

Daneo What's a Dremel?

im ghetto!

you guys are all "yeah, this darn optical mouse is so crappy, im shipping off for a dual optical so i can do better in my FPS games" im packing a ghetto ps2 2 button ball mouse! and i still seem to fair quite well. i think people freak out when they see me doing well at quake then see my mouse ;) at a lan.

5. eaterofpies

i used to use a ball mouse but they annou me so much cos u have to clean them but i used to do quite well at lans with a ball mouse too just prefer optical cos u dont have to clean it as much

6. Yo-DUH_87

Yo-DUH_87 Who you calling tiny?

Right on!

I still have a ball mouse, but I'm saving for a mice optical because this one is a pain...

7. Daneo

Daneo What's a Dremel?

same

im getting an optical... someday www.hpshopping.com and type in 'optical mouse' the first item is the one i want :) i wanna change the leds to blue, but im not sure if they would be bright enough. anybody know how that might work? i dont care in the decrease in accuracy, i mean, im using a ball mouse right now just fine so it would still be more accurate.

8. TrumpetSteve

TrumpetSteve What's a Dremel?

I have an IBM optical mouse, and I love it when it come to q3a, but the coolest thing is that the scrolling wheel is clear, and has a blue led behind it :cooldude:
    It looks pretty sweet, I had trouble sleeping the first night 'cuz it lit up my whole room. You can get one for $20 now at COMPUSA in the states.

9. Yo-DUH_87

Cool, trumpetsteve! I want to get a dual eye logitech thingie, and put a pair of bloo leds in it! Kool!

Signing out...

10. BluFluX

BluFluX What's a Dremel?

Yes! Whatever the model, make, number of buttons whatever... USB + Optical is the way to go.

11. Daneo

Daneo What's a Dremel?

WHA?

is it just me or does YO-DUH have too much time on his hands! all those posts! what do you do all day??!?! (besides post ;) )

12. eaterofpies

i agree with you yo duh has way too much time (hell im unemployed and im not posting all day)

13. Yo-DUH_87

In my defence, I'm a home-schooled high school student, and I've finnished about half of my ciriculums for the year, and I'm almost done with everything else.

I lead quite a busy life, but I type fast, and most afternoons are open.

Signing out...

14. BURNER-X

BURNER-X What's a Dremel?

15. TrumpetSteve

TrumpetSteve What's a Dremel?

Nah thats to many buttons for me, I wouldnt know what to do with half of them :lol:

16. BURNER-X

BURNER-X What's a Dremel?

BUT

Everything takes time to get use to just think about it you would have total control over your game no more fumbling over keys and getting fragged in the back. O well just a thought :eyebrow:

17. djgizmo

djgizmo 1337 pimp

i've read that the boomslang is the best mouse in the world, but is it really???
    nobody knows for sure...
    anyway, my small town in Finland (30 000) population just so happens to have a store that sells boomslangs and they only cost 45£(not 80) so i'm in luck... only thing is, me running a TNT2 M64, i'd rather buy a new graphics card, and worry about the mouse when i have the cash... anyway if you were to have a store about 2km away from your house which sold boomslangs for only 45£ would you buy it, or stick to some other optical mice???
    i currently have an intellimouse with a fan mod
    i don't have any pics, but here's a link to a site where someone else has done it...it even shows how to do this...

http://www.metku.net/rottaflekti/index_eng.html

it's a great mod, and it keeps my hand from sweating(too much)
    i would recommend this mod to anyone who has a crappy old microsoft intellimous and is planning on buying a new mouse anytime soon...

18. bLiNdPyRo

bLiNdPyRo What's a Dremel?

I think you should buy the graphics card first, although if I were to choose between a Boomslang and an optical, I'd choose the Boomslang. The on-the-fly sensitivity is really good for close range to sniping. :D

19. djgizmo

djgizmo 1337 pimp

tanx 4 de advice dude
    i just hope that i like the boomslang...me friend has a intellimouse explorer, and that's smooth as hell... there's only one thing which i don't really like about opticals, if i lift me hand to move the mouse to the center of teh pad, the cursor moves with it...
    and usually, i keep me mouse sensitivity high, and when i want to turn around corners, i twist me mouse around strangely (it's one of those strange habits)

20. Jiffey

Jiffey What's a Dremel?

Here's my somewhat biased opinion on the mice issue. I've tried the Intelli Explorer (bought one, gave it to sister when I got my boomslang2k.) Usually you don't get too excited about a new mouse in the mail...but this sucker fits my huge hands perfectly (i'm 6'2 right now..) Sure it took me about 2 weeks or so to get into liking it (I questioned sending it back cuz it was hurting my TFC badly.) Anyway, it doesn't skip and it uses the oh so trusty ball. I mean, why dump the ball for optical mice that still skip with their 6000 shots per inch, or whatever. That number may sound impressive, but if I recall the MS explorer's dpi is still 400...reason for it still skipping. The razer's dpi is 2000, so it can handle very very high speeds (not that I use em) and still stay smooth. Also, a friend upgraded from the old explorer to the new 3.0 version...only to find it still skips and it skips 3 pixels on the screen when he's aiming, I think to make up for the needed sensitivity at higher settings. As you can imagine, that'd be a pain in gaming if you're good enough at it. Yea the razer costs a lot more, but if you have big hands and are willing to try something new, go for it. Mines lasted me a year nearly, yet the left button is starting to double click cuz I use it so many hours a day. Razer's gonna replace it with a brand new model, though. All I have to do is pay for postage.

Tags: