Networks Switching from 10 to 100!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by <A88>, 28 Nov 2004.

1. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

We're on a 3pc network here, all 10/100 through a kinda weird router/hub thingy! More info can be provided on it if needed, but I was just wandering how to switch to 100Mbps, seeing as it's all running at 10 atm. I've tried the simple way on my pc by just changing the Link Speed/Duplex mode but it just disconnects when I set it @ 100, which didn't suprise me really. I couldn't find anything in the hub/router software about changing it through there, so I'm pretty stuck :S. Any more info can be supplied if needed, but I was just wandering how it's generally done! Thanks for your time

<A88>

2. mushky

mushky gimme snails

Are all the NICs in the PCs definately 10/100? What router is it? It could be time for a new one possiby. Most can autosense and change automatically per port.

3. Gandi69

Gandi69 Like to get busy wit fizzy..

Check your NICs are seated properly (unless they are onboard). It could be a driver issue, so perhaps try new drivers.
    If the switch has the capability to run at 100mbit, then the PC connected to that certain port on the switch will run at 100mbit (if the NIC on the PC allows it). If some of the others are still running at 10mbit, it shouldnt affect the other PCs. Have you tried changing the NIC speed settings on your other PCs?

4. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

Tried it on all of the other comps and some problem- disconnects when I try to up the speed. Must be a problem with the router/switch somehow, so I'll look into getting some info on it and posting it...it's a strange lil BT branded bugga :blah:

<A88>

Tags: