1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PROJECT: Green Dragon | major delay | Updated 10/2

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Acid Burn, 12 May 2004.

?

Should I Insert an engraved window in my front door?

Poll closed 7 Jun 2004.
  1. Yes! Yes! Yes!

27 vote(s)
    61.4%
  2. No... just bondo the door smooth

17 vote(s)
    38.6%
  1. Acid Burn

Acid Burn ..look but don't touch..

Help?

Hi, since I can see the light in the end of the tunnel, i think it's about time to aquire a little info about the power required and delievered by some of the stuff inside my case.

Does anyone know how many volts the hdd led pins on the motherboard deliever?
    I mailed Abit about it, but they answered me that they haven't got enough personell to read and answer all the mails and that i should check out a whole bounch of sites before calling them.

here's a pic of the bulgin buttons i will install in the dragon door (with lights on this time ;))..
    [​IMG]
    (bad quality due to crap web cam)

2. 3N1GM4

3N1GM4 What's a Dremel?

i believe mb pins for hdd activity give like 1.5v or 3.3v cant remember :( and i could be completely wrong... one thing im positive of is that it is not 5v sure some one else who knows a lil more could come and help...

3. TheDon

TheDon What's a Dremel?

Well the best solution would be to take a volt meter to header pins. boot up the system and take your volt meter to the pins.

4. Acid Burn

Solution found!

Ok for a long time I have thought that illuminating the dragon door with LEDs was the best solution... but tonight i have been soldering 5 LEDs together to see how it would look... guess what... the beams were only visible for 5 cm (in the dark!). I started laughing since i have been angry about Frozen CPU sending me wrong LEDs all the time. and it didn't work after all. well... i had a 30cm blue (crap) catode lying around so i wanted to see how the result would be with it. it didn't fit, so I pulled out the light staff/tube inside it, and put it in side the door. i hit the switch, and BLING! my dragon had come to life! after running in small circles screaming "It's ALIVE!!", I pulled out my web cam and took a picture. I'm going to norway on wednesday, so I'll buy 2 or 3, green 30 cm cathodes (sunbeam all the way baby!).

[​IMG]

I'll probably install one cathode on the side of each wing.. maybe I'll throw one in at the bottom or top aswell...

*going to bed with a big smile*

5. Acid Burn

Found another catode :D here's a pic with one cathode on either side of the dragon :)

[​IMG]

6. Bandit_zoraK

Bandit_zoraK What's a Dremel?

Looks good. I can imagine it lit up green and think it will be very nice. Keep up the good work.

7. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

They have a 5.0v output with some sort of resistor hidden in. So the amount you get out of them will vary by how much power the LED draws. If you hook up a meter you'll see 5v just because it draws next to no power but if you hook up a meter when there's an LED attached you'll see probably 3v or so.

8. AutoExec

AutoExec What's a Dremel?

still so very nice.. cant you take it to Norway?! I want to see it live! :D

9. Jokkocze

Jokkocze What's a Dremel?

I'm a bit confused.. where r u from?! on the side, it says Norway, but you're talking alot of different places :eyebrow:

well, about the case: Woah!! looking good dude! keep up the good work! :clap:

10. BadOldMan

BadOldMan What's a Dremel?

Excellent effort

I must say that for a first mod this is a most excellent effort, the skill you have shown with the tools you have used is outstanding.

The finish on the paint is something that I can use as a measure of what a good paint job SHOULD look like.

You should be proud of your effort!

11. Jokkocze

Jokkocze What's a Dremel?

I bet someone already awnsered, but where can u buy buttons like those?

12. Xhiz

Xhiz What's a Dremel?

Woh I finally got to the last post, read all the posts and I feel like im stoned, but it gave me lots of ideas for you mod

Your mod rocks btw

Im gunna alot of info from this thread and I hope mine will work out as well as yours! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Keep going :clap: :clap: :clap:

13. AutoExec

He's norwegian, like me, but lives in Belgium, unlike me :)

I'm pretty sure they were bought at frozencpu.com

14. Acid Burn

hi guys

thanks for all the response :)

The buttons are bought in a swedish/ norwegian shop called Elfa. but you can buy them from many stores all over the world... in germany you can buy them from www.aquacomputer.com. in the states you can buy them from www.frozencpu.com . and I have seen them on many other web shops as well. the brand is Bulgin. and i believe their homepage is bulgin.com

that's right. I am norwegian, but live in Belgium at the moment.

Oh, and i got my own digital camera for christmas :p

i'm going to buy a sapphire radeon X800 pro while I'm in Norway. I hope it will rock, and that my radiators will provide enough cooling to cool everything in my case, plus the x800. (it's just one black ice extreme, and one black ice radiator...).

15. Leeum

Leeum What's a Dremel?

That'll be enough to cool it ;) You got an ETA for completing the project? :D

16. Acid Burn

nah.. i don't dare to set a new dead line... because I have already blown three dead lines for this mod ;) but I can definately see the light at the end of the tunnel :thumb: (let's hope it's not a train).

17. Acid Burn

X800 pro

I bought this graphic card when i was in Norway. cost me half a fortune but i think it's worth it. the graphic in half life 2 is outstanding :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

the new card is a bit larger than my old sapphire 9600 UE.
    [​IMG]

ok what's left:
    *2 clear coats on the jagged edge door
    *install windows
    *install the hardware with watercooling.

18. Xhiz

Xhiz What's a Dremel?

Great graphics!! I just bought one too :p

I got a Geforce 6 6600GT but I forgot that I couldn't run PCI-E graphics so im sending that back and I got the Geforce FX5900XT from my location store

Can't wait to see this case finished! :thumb:

19. AutoExec

smuuud :D

I want one too, but with my budget it will probably be a 9800pro :sigh:

20. Saurian

Saurian What's a Dremel?

can the PSU you ordered from the US run on 230v? :blah: