1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project: Hollywood bomb

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by pyrofenix, 24 Jan 2005.

1. Captain Slug

Captain Slug Infinite Patience

If you power them from 5vsb line they will be on whenever the machine is plugged in.
    Maybe you could use switches with LEDs in them.
    [​IMG]

2. ChromeX

ChromeX Minimodder

That might not work, the power switch as to be momentary those look like a latch type!! You could work out a circuit that would work, other than that you cant use it.

Edit: Just read someone elses warning about this, but how can a barrel switch be momentary unless it's spring loaded?!?!??! You turn the key, the contacts connect, the machine turns on, but the contacts are still connected unless you turn the key the other way one the machine ios powered.

3. Renswic

Renswic What's a Dremel?

i usea lock like that, its and older key lock to my parents old computer(was make in 93) i jsut jave to turn the key on and off and it works, if i leave it on, it shuts down(I.E. reset key :D ) works great and looks cool

4. automagsrock

automagsrock What's a Dremel?

The laser keyboard is a good idea, but I read somewhere that the company developing them was sued or something, so I don't know if they are even in production yet. Good luck with the breif"case" (pun intended) and am eagerly awaiting updates!! :rock: :dremel:

5. speedybe

speedybe What's a Dremel?

You can use that key in your pc. just interrupt the power switch cable going to the mobo. turn the key on, you can start the pc with a rocker switch or something. Works great on lans, people can't start your pc ( well, you can hot start it offcourse :D )

GTZZZZ

6. JEEVES

JEEVES Minimodder

wow you guys are making that keyswitch way more complicated than its needs to be. As Renswic said to turn computer on turn key and then turn it back. I use almost the same keyswitch (leads are diffrent) in my case (project black lightning). Works fine and I actualy like it better, if you want to turn off the computer turn it and leave it...no need to hold down button.

So basicly you want momentary, then just turn the key then turn it back.

JEEVES

7. kongen

kongen What's a Dremel?

The only reason this mods are hard to do is because people believe it should look like a briefcase when its not in use and alot of people tend to Cut directly into the briefcase for port holes. Just An Idea and tell me to STFU if this isn't a good one. Build it all inside the only thing that shows sometimes is the powercord plug and if you got real creative this would be part of a "hidden Compartment" so that it could resume looking like a briefcase.

Now your donor case doesn't look bad at all infact it looks like a good size case. Just an idear, but maybe you want to build a frame inside the case to keep things from moving and to keep you from needing to drill into the case yet again. That was the only thing people see is yet again the briefcase.

8. shomann

shomann Minimodder

Long time lurker here, but damn if this exact same thing hasn't been on my mind lately!

I keep looking around for a really steller briefcase mod on the order of what some of you true geniuses turn out in the tower and larger formats.

I was thinking about making a case that would be as portable, but as all-in-one as possible (i.e. integrate EVERYTHING in the case - LCD, speakers, microATX mobo, and keyboard and mouse) so that the result would be that you could set the thing down like a laptop and just plug it in and go...

If I ever get around to illustrating the darn thing out I will post it up. Good luck on this, I will be keeping an eye on it

Note: Halliburton's are bad-ass, I am surprised no one else has said that yet ;)