Those Aluminum Panaflo fans

Discussion in 'General' started by Zero_Distortion, 15 Feb 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zero_Distortion

Zero_Distortion What's a Dremel?

If anyone wants any LMK Im going to be clearing out a very large server room shortly and I'm gonna pretty much grab em all, I hit paydirt when I saw em. I know many of you have been searching for these for years as have I, Hell I was so desperate last year I paid $50 for two of em. To those who have absolutely no clue what Im talking about check out MNPCTech's thread on them below.

http://forums.bit-tech.net/showpost.php?p=345217&postcount=32

Last edited: 18 Feb 2005
  2. scotty6435

scotty6435 What's a Dremel?

Just how quiet are these beauties? I'm hoping to chrome up my shuttle and a fully polished fan on the back would be totally l337!!! I really need a quiet fan that doesn't rattle and pushes enough air to make it worth it. I'd be able to afford one in a couple of weeks, post a price and I'll have 1 :)

3. Zero_Distortion

there pretty damn quiet, this aint the FS section so when I get em I'll put them up there and let you guys know here when I do. I don't wanna think how much shipping to the UK is gonna run, Im in the states.

4. scotty6435

Ooh, ouch. didn't see that. They're pretty heavy so it could end up being more than the fan :(

EDIT: Checked online prices and rom here to NY it'll cost £35!! Can't imagine it would be worth shipping outside US but I'm sure they'll go like hot cakes!

Last edited: 15 Feb 2005
  5. Stormtrooper

Stormtrooper Shh...

6. mobius9

mobius9 Minimodder

I could definetly use some aluminum 120s. How many do you think you'll get and how much will you get rid of them for?

7. user0001

user0001 What's a Dremel?

Um, do they come with blades?

8. Zephyr

Zephyr Go V-Boy, Go!

...If you're serious, take "Photography 101"

If you're trying to kid around, you're not funny :blah:

9. Tulatin

Tulatin The Froggy Poster

Price me out for two Z_D.

10. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

approximately what WOULD prices be...

11. Infraggable Krunk

Infraggable Krunk What's a Dremel?

yeah can you specify what price and sizes you have

i know its not the fs forum, but it does involve future modding for others :p

12. user0001

Thanks. Hope your posts are always so helpful. Unless I'm blind, there are no blades on that fan (really just a motor).

13. crimandevil

crimandevil What's a Dremel?

Dude! What size and price? If you can get two 120mm and one 92mm sign me up!

14. scotty6435

If anyone as got one for sale in the UK for non-insane prices let me know! :)

15. Wrigley1

Wrigley1 What's a Dremel?

The blades are just spinnin too fast to see them.

I think. :worried:

16. Redd_Herring_1974

Redd_Herring_1974 What's a Dremel?

count me in too i wouldnt mind havein a few of those :D

17. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Dotn worry, there are no blades there cause you can see the coils. There's no "motor" as such, its just the coils induce a magnetic pulling force in the metal inside on the fan blade bit that clips onto that.

I was wondering too - does it come as a whole fan, or just the outer bit?

18. Rocket733

Rocket733 Austerity - It's the only way

If the price is reasonable (15-20$?) put me down for a couple

19. user0001

Thanks. I thought thats what it was, but if I were selling them, I would at least show exactly what the buyer was getting. I hope they didnt come out of a server like that. Also, I knew that a 120mm fan probably wouldnt be spinning at 6000RPM+, resulting in invisible blades in the picture.

20. Zero_Distortion

1. Ofcourse they have blades, the pics was to show how they look polished up, look over MNPCTechs worklog for project excalibur for more info.

2.Dunno how many I'll end up with there are about a dozen or so servers, I will be keeping a few for myself because I had my current ones sitting around for 5 years because I didnt want to ruin them by using them, these will one day be "collectable" computer stuff like those weird voodoo cards.

3. Krunk these are 120mm, guess you werent around when they were "the" fan to get IF you could get your hands on them.

4. prices would probably be something in the neighborhood of $40 or so. As a test bed to see what you think Im gonna try to lay out some idea's, note these are not the prices I will be asking but rather an idea Im throwing out, to the mods I am NOT currently selling these and wouldnt be in this section, please DO NOT move. now for the proposal.

Fan - $40
    tailed - add $5
    dual tipped (power on one connector, RPM on the other) add $7.50 (total NOT in addition to the previous $5)
    fan screws - add $2
    grills - add $3
    grommets - add $3

For those of you who want a fan tailed and also want a grill\screws\grommets I will take off $5 from your total If you purchase more than one and want the additions I will take off $10
    Shipping will be ~$8 give or take

Some of you might think that is high, if so PM me an offer, that $40 quote is based on a few offers I have already received through PMs here as well as a few other forums.

Once again to end confusion, these are 120mm steel panaflo fans, 38mm thick (standard) fully functional and as a bonus I'll include the blades!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.