Modding Painting inside the case

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Bboy_Jon, 21 Feb 2005.

1. Bboy_Jon

Bboy_Jon Minimodder

KK, when i paint the inside of the case is there any real way to do it or do i just paintit with a couple of coats? like i dont have to go and do anything complicated like with the outside of cases and stuff right?

BTW, i have a silver case and ill have blue lights mostly, what color inside would look nice? (like what color of the mobo tray, hard drive racks and all that (the inside)

2. setishock

setishock What's a Dremel?

If it was me...

A semi gloss white or an off white. With carefully placed lighting it would light up the whole inside.

3. rob_65

rob_65 What's a Dremel?

I've always thought a plain white would look nice with some UV, or are there any paints that appear dark but reflect UV light?

You could always think about a chrome paint to reflect the light...?

4. vampire

vampire What's a Dremel?

i painted my caseinside with chromepaint..... it :rock:

5. Twunka

Twunka What's a Dremel?

i painted the entire inside of my case with black (3 coats) it looks nice but i reakon i should have done it with crimson or something like that

6. Tricky

Tricky What's a Dremel?

I've gone for black on the inside all over, with yellow covers for the psu, optical drive, hdd and such like. I used 1 primer layer and then 3 coats of colour with wet & dry sanding in between. Then more sanding and a clear coat to make it nice and shiny. The people at the local car spares shop were really helpfull with painting advice (steel case you see). Is your case steel or aluminium?

Pete

7. Bboy_Jon

Bboy_Jon Minimodder

ok i think im gonna either do chrome or white, probly white on the inside and ill paint the outside, cuz the silver paint on it right now sucks big time and doesnt even come close to a mirror finish

so ya white on the inside and chrome on the outside maybe?

One question though, they have chrome paint right? and it WILL be shiny and mirror finishy by itself right? i dont have to sand it, wet sand and do a crap load of coats and stuff?

is it a hassle? like finger prints will get on it easily and crap?

8. rob_65

rob_65 What's a Dremel?

Chances are it won't come out as smooth as you think it will, mind you the inside metal in cases is pretty smooth so you might have some luck. Fingerprints are easy to deal with, I wouldn't have thought you'd mark it often on the inside anyway? :)

9. Bboy_Jon

Bboy_Jon Minimodder

well i do but now but thats on my old case, i have handles on my new one so i wont touch it AS much :D

10. setishock

setishock What's a Dremel?

Come to think of it...

I have never seen any one do a Mother of Pearl paint job on a case.

11. Rimmer

Rimmer What's a Dremel?

I have. ;)

Take a look here http://www.hexus.net/content/reviews/review.php?dXJsX3Jldmlld19JRD05NDQmdXJsX3BhZ2U9Mw== or
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Funny thing is, they had to matt the sides of in photoshop or something because they were too reflective.

Quote from PC Pro If you've ever wanted to see a truly stunning PC, this is your day. Aside from the fact that the Scan White Cobra is the first system any UK magazine has seen with an nVidia nForce4 motherboard with SLI (Scalable Link Interface) PCI Express graphics, it's quite simply one of the best looking - and biggest - desktop PCs we've ever seen. The pearlescent white finish of the White Cobra's paint job isn't done justice by these pictures: the interplay of light across it not only looks fantastic, the finish itself feels superb and extremely durable too.

So long as anyone can give me a paint code I can paint them any colour you like. Solid, Pearlescant, Flip Pearl, metal flake, flourescant. The list is endless.
    I have been painting cases and modding for quite some time now. I had an old web a while ago, but I'm in the process of creating a new one. You know what its like though. Not enough time.

12. KidModder

KidModder What's a Dremel?

I would have to go with the chrome paint. Make the inside of your case lie up really well. :thumb:

13. GigantoR

GigantoR What's a Dremel?

The inside of my case is white. Doesn't go near as good with the uv as I thought it would, but I plan on doing another coat and then probably buying some of that white UV clearcoat and going over it with that.

14. Bboy_Jon

Bboy_Jon Minimodder

well i kinda want white, but ya i may do the inside chrome, but i dont really want both the inside and outside chrome

15. shroom

shroom What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]

Three coats of flat black.

[​IMG]

After assembly :)

16. Bboy_Jon

Bboy_Jon Minimodder

woah, wtf after 3 coats of flat black the case is blue?

17. P2D

P2D 99.999% Pure Spam!

AHAH AHAHA AHAHAHAHAHAHA :hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

ok, if he was being sarcastic, i didnt notice, but still! HAHAH

`P2D

18. shroom

shroom What's a Dremel?

Just incase you werent being sarcastic, I meant the inside of the case. :duh:

19. Bboy_Jon

Bboy_Jon Minimodder

OOOOOOo lol nah i was serious :D

lol the blue is just the only thing i was able to see at first, it over powers the black LOL i feel dumb

anyways, i saw this one case that was painted white inside, it looked kinda meh, i dunno maybe it was just cuz EVERYTHING but the mobo was white (all the wires, fan grills everything) but compared to this one blue insided lian li the white inside was crap, i dunno, i kinda wanna paint the inside of my case blue but wont the lights not show up all that good?

20. GigantoR

GigantoR What's a Dremel?

:thumb: I think it would add a cool blue glow to your blue interior if you did it. Be original