Do you wear/need glasses?

Discussion in 'General' started by Emzay, 23 Feb 2005.

?

Do you wear/need glasses?

1. Yes - all the time

84 vote(s)
    48.8%
  2. Yes - only for certain activities

23 vote(s)
    13.4%
  3. No

54 vote(s)
    31.4%
  4. No - but I think I might need to

11 vote(s)
    6.4%
  1. Emzay

Emzay "He's doing a poo!"

or contact lenses for that matter?

I ask as I suddenly realised that out of all my close/regular/well-known friends I'm the only person who does not need glasses at all. The only one with 'perfect vision' as it's termed. I never really thought about how..well.. uncommon this actually seems to be.

So - Do you need to wear glasses? Or contact Lenses - whichever you prefer? And do you need to wear them 24/7 or just for specific things such as reading/television/long distance etc?

Oh and be honest, if you're supposed to wear them for television etc but don't, say so! :p

2. a9on87

a9on87 ...

I have glasses for long distance, I don't wear them that often, mainly for driving and occasionally at college depending on how far away from the board I am! :cooldude:

3. TheoGeo

TheoGeo What are these goddamn animals?!

I wear glasses for lectures, and im told i should wear them for driving (if i drove) but i dont think my eyesight is poor enough for it to be against the law for me not to wear them while driving

edit: i have quite a few friends who insist they dont need glasses, but when im weraing mine i can see much further and just about as far when not wearing my glasses

4. LLu_

LLu_ What's a Dremel?

I don't need them at all for anything. But I'm pretty certain I will some day, Both my parents do and grandparents too. Most people need them for one thing or another as they get older i think.

5. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

<---- Gotta where them all the time. I've tried contact lenses but I just can't seem to put them in (I blink/flinch whenever I put the lense near my eye).

6. Lord_A

Lord_A Boom baby!

Don't have any, but I can hardly read anything from any distance longer than say 50cm, so I'm guessing I'll have go have a test soon :geek:

7. planki

planki ...

nope i dont need glasses im glad to say!

8. Hiren

Hiren mind control Moderator

Yes need them all the time. First thing I put on in the morning last thing I take off at night. Considering contacts / laser surgrey next time round though or when I can afford it.

9. fizban

fizban What's a Dremel?

Nope, don't need em in the least. I had a pair about 5 years ago, but the only reason I did was the day I happen to go to the optometrist was a day I was really tired so my eyes weren't doing go then, I got glasses and wore em for like a week before I realized they were giving me headaches, so I stopped wearing them. I had my eyes checked about 6 mos ago and the doc said my eyes were fine!!!! So no corrected lenses for me at all!!!!!!! :rock:

-Fiz

10. Kameleon

Kameleon is watching you...

Yep, I'm long-sighted so need glasses for reading and using the computer (I can focus fine without them, but after long periods my eyes will strain)..it's fine, as I don't really need them anywhere but home/work. Might get laser surgery done at some point in the future but it's not a top priority at the moment.

11. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

Don't use or need them, so far.
    But if I had to it would be glasses, couldn't stand the idea of putting contacts in.

12. slater

slater Mummy Says Im Special

samehere :thumb:

I quite like wearing them relly. Only time i have found where it is of any real annoyance is swimming (kissing maybe aswell :blush: ). Maybe i will get laser later on in life but atm i dont see the point.

slater..

13. Highland3r

Highland3r Minimodder

Nope, 1 eye is slighty short sighted and 1 slightly long... Just cover up whichever is appropriate for a particular distance ;)

14. tk421

tk421 Idiot.

been wearing glasses since 2nd grade ( was 7 then, so 25 years now ...) apparently i was almost blind from birth. when in 2nd grade we started doing lots of reading from the board, and i've always been a back of the room kinda guy, and it started giving me migraines.

when i was 16 i started wearing contacts part-time .. i find it better to switch between them. i could always wear contacts at work, and driving, but when on the computer the depth perception was all wrong. so i would play games and read books with glasses.

a few years ago, right before i went sober, every time i puffed up my eyes would immediately dry out, and my contacts would fly out. even after i stopped smoking weed, they would randomly do this -and it wasnt dirty contacts as i got the daily disposable ones last time ... now i just dont bother wearing them at all. i even bought a matching pair of prescription sunglasses for driving ... i find that these glasses are about worn out now - frames usually last me 4-5 years, and these are 2, and quite about finished.

15. M3G4

M3G4 talkie walkie

Very occaisionally I think I might need them, but in reality I don't think I do.

Glasses wouldn't suit me :-/

16. bazorama

bazorama What's a Dremel?

i need to wear them all the time, going to try contacts thou since i can touch my eye it shouldnt be a problem putting them in i dont think :D

17. M3G4

M3G4 talkie walkie

could never touch my eye, if my fingers go anywhere near there my eyes shut lol

18. Miku

Miku What's a Dremel?

I wear glasses. I don't have to all the time, but I tend to do. I feel more confident and comfortable with them.

19. Dad

Dad You talkin to me?

Don't wear em, don't need em. I'm the only person in my family who doesn't wear glasses... In fact, got my eyes checked 3 or 4 months ago and I have 20/15 vision :rock:

20. Lovah

Lovah Apple and Canon fanboy

I don't wear glasses
    Don't need them either

Perfect vision :)

L