Project :- Titanium 4 U | update 22-03-05 CARRYING HANDLE & HDD Mounted !!!!

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by j.rhy@n, 10 Feb 2005.

1. j.rhy@n

j.rhy@n What's a Dremel?

Thx for comments... People dont seem to leave any comments...nice to have some feed back.. :sigh:

2. rick

rick What's a Dremel?

WOW :eeek: that looks amazing.
    noone seems to have ID'd the colour yet so i'm going to give it a go. its looks abit like vauxhall carbic blue to me.

3. Cowinacape

Cowinacape What's a Dremel?

Looking good sir! some very nice work on this project. One question for you though, regarding the speakers you installed into the case. Are the magnets on the drivers very powerfull? Ie: do you have any trouble with the magnetic pull of the speakers affecting any of your other hardware? Just curious as I have thought about doing the same thing myself, but haven't gotten around to being my own test subject :D

4. j.rhy@n

j.rhy@n What's a Dremel?

The Magnetic parts to the speakers arnt very strong... 1 - 2 inches and it starts to pull... But inside the PC its no problem..I beleive that Speakers that have Sheilding are just a caution when mounting speakers next to a monitor...

5. Cowinacape

Cowinacape What's a Dremel?

Thanks kindly for the reply! Mod on! :rock:

6. Sc0rian

Sc0rian Here comes the farmer

that looks sweet..

Thats well cool, real nice work:)

- S

7. blknoel

blknoel What's a Dremel?

Sweet modding :), I can smell another 5 star project :D

Anyhoo, I'm still unsure about putting the speakers inside the case, will it cause electromagnetic interference to the components? :confused:

8. j.rhy@n

j.rhy@n What's a Dremel?

I was informed by a power full source that it wont, if not its np I shall come up with spome type of sheilding... If any Modding Pro has info with regards to this idea then feel free to let me know.... But as of yet Ive been told it safe on the hardware..

9. j.rhy@n

j.rhy@n What's a Dremel?

So bought new Main Board , CPU , Memory and Cooler.. Total 125 Euros... :thumb:

Asrock K7VT4A+ MainBoard
    AMD 2400 Sempron
    No Name PC 2700 256 mb
    Thermal Take TR2-M3 SE CPU Cooler..

All not to expensive but good enought for a web surfing box or even a little gaming...

So some pictures...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I will fit it next week, the mainboard is nice and small and near same colour as my theme..The cooler Fan will be replaced with a Silver or Clear 80 mm fan..

I still have a lot of work to do...

I want to mount the HDD to the left side of the PC. I shall mount it on some Perspex. I must also figure a way to stealth a CD Rom drive and complete all cabling. The speakers need to be cabled too so that they can be quicky disconnected so as to remove the Lid , not sure how to do it yet ..

Im also deep in thought to fix the Round window with Hex bolts rather than the large rubber moulding. This would mean a larger window and new decal or an etched one by myself, not sure yet.......

So untill next week hf..

***** Edit...

Added Clear 80 mm Fan to Heat Sink..

[​IMG]

Last edited: 18 Mar 2005
  10. ch424

ch424 Design Warrior

sorry! I've been following this from the start, and it looks really great! There you go, I said it! But, seriously, that's some awesome work there! :thumb: :clap:

ch424

11. j.rhy@n

j.rhy@n What's a Dremel?

I must be getting old, Ive slipped a disc in my back so Im unable to bring an update for 10 days or so...My PC is at work and Im sitting at home :waah: but as soon as Im fit again (Soon I hope) I shall be on my way to modding my pc again...

12. j.rhy@n

j.rhy@n What's a Dremel?

No much of an update becuase Im still suffering with my back...

Anyways, giving the time I managed to fit the new Asrock Main board , it looks way smaller than I thought and makes the case look huge... At least its got plenty of room to breathe..

[​IMG]

Ive plugged the Power to mainboard and fired it up to test but after 10 seconds or so it drops power for a teeny bit and runs again. Not sure what the problem is, this is with no fans/lights plugged in or my front pannel. Might be the PSU so Im going to test another , but it might also be becuase AGP , HDD , Floppy etc etc is missing but I think not...

Since I fitted the new mainboard my Floppy cable is too short by 2 or 3 cm so Im gona have to purchase a new one....

Last thing (Sry pic is blurred) but looking at my red dotted line on the image below am I correct in saying its safe to cut becuase Im only fitting 1 x HDD and dont need that second plug..

[​IMG]

13. j.rhy@n

j.rhy@n What's a Dremel?

well after a series of testing I found out the main Board was kaput... So I took it back and replaced it with a different make model.. now system runs ok..

I now need to start fitting it all together , stealth CD rom , fit HDD on to Plexi etc etc

:thumb: I think it wont be long till its complete....

14. Rocket733

Rocket733 Austerity - It's the only way

Should be safe to cut the cable there so long as you're careful. That case is going to look awesome when you get it finished. The contrast between the psu sleeving job and the paint of the mb stands out nicely. Hope you feel better soon, sorry about your back.

15. j.rhy@n

j.rhy@n What's a Dremel?

Amp sleeved , Window Change and Fan hole re done..

Hi..

Im still restricted what I can do so most of my work as been carried out by use of the wife :duh: anyways...

Im starting to think along the lines of a modder and some of my items are far from modding but off the shelf, so Ive decided to change some things and come up with my own creation..

First off is the round window, Ive pulled out the original window (After 2x decals) and decided to fit my own rubber mount and a etched window...

I was going to get a Grade A Tattoo Artist to etch a design for me but wife wife put her hand up to taking on the new task of etching a Counter Strike Source render in to the window, I bought a new dremel a couple of weeks ago so it makes the task easy for her. She has a grade A in Art so I think she will make a good job of it and women do take their time at things like these (Unlike me)

So here are some snap shots before hand..

[​IMG]

This is the underside so that when its flipped over the barrel is on the right side..Its black and white becuase its easier for her to mark shadows and stuff...I think 2 or 3 days and she will have it complete, end product coming soon..

[​IMG]

I drilled out the holes for the new window as well as marking them on the window..Fitted new rubber also..

The original Hazzard shaped hole has gone and I created a round one to match the speakers.. I think it looks much better and less tacky..

[​IMG]

I also sleeved the rear of the sound amp / controller...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These are the 2 speaker cables re wired with new jack, these will plug in to the speakers on the lid..

[​IMG]

Thats all for now , things are still slow but I think over the course of the next 10 days it will be complete.

Next update will be the etched window complete and fitted.. :thumb:

***Last thing , I think the case needs a proper name , Im open to ideas... :idea:

16. j.rhy@n

j.rhy@n What's a Dremel?

Trying to etch from a Image is very difficult if you want it to look half decent. I have photoshop on my system and decided if I can make etching that little more easy..

Anyways if you want to etch but feel its slightly difficult then this is how I got my template..

Open up Adobe Photshop.. (7 Im using)

Then navigate to filter / Stylize / Trace Contour - Change the Level untill the out side lines make them selfs known and the inner line become white...

then all we need to do is etch the black lines..

Here is the original source (Made smaller) ..

[​IMG]

After I edited the Image and flipped it over this is how it looks using Trace Contour Filter..The Image below is a close example, I did infact improve the outline and made it much smoother....

[​IMG]

Hope this might help some.. :rock:

17. j.rhy@n

j.rhy@n What's a Dremel?

Slowly but surely the etch is coming ok (I think)

Ive taken some pictures just to see how it looks under a little light, once its mounted (Once complete) there will be more light inside the case and I think it will stand out ok..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

next update will be once its complete and mounted on to Lid..

18. leviathan18

leviathan18 What's a Dremel?

try to find some uv paint :rock: and maybe spary it over the windows to see if etched looks better.... :dremel:

nice rack i like the color

19. j.rhy@n

j.rhy@n What's a Dremel?

Ye , Ive been trying to find some , but buying 1 bottle from a store with delivery is a little bit of a waste. I think a UV pen would be better..I shall look hard..

Thx for reply..

etch is still not finished, just making some parts stand out more and tidying the edges...I dont want to do any shading or anything becuase I think it will spoil it...

20. leviathan18

leviathan18 What's a Dremel?

maybe some uv paint to he mesh

i liked the radioactive hole :grr: and the radioactive window and that nice submarine color :S looks like a nuclear reactor.....