Scratch Build – In Progress Dark Blade by G69T

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by G69T, 30 Nov 2004.

1. tank_rider

tank_rider What's a Dremel?

Really nice to see some proper engineering going into a case. The workmanship looks excellent. You are very lucky to have access to that kind of equipment, i am very jealous.

I'd like to see you make some custom waterblocks. I think with a bit of though and creativity you could come up with much higher flow blocks resulting in the better flow throughout the system and a better vortex. At present the water has to chage the axis it is flowing in very abruptly upon entry and exit of the block. Perhaps you could design a block that has the entry and exit in the same plane as the block creating a faster and more efficient flow through the block. It would also allow more resistance to be provided around the critical areas of the block (directly above the core) by increasing the surface area present in the flow.

2. Godboy_g

Godboy_g What's a Dremel?

It would be interesting if you could turn the two reservoirs into pumps. Sort of a Pump/Res hybrid. You would probably have to alter the design of the blades a bit though......

3. QuinnDexter

QuinnDexter What's a Dremel?

simply amazing!

4. mafia11671

mafia11671 What's a Dremel?

I'm with tankrider, I know you have the skills to do your own waterblocks, etc. The equipment you have access to, and the ability you have to use that equipment , you can create some amazing toys! Very impressive!!
    Mafia

5. zr_ox

zr_ox Whooolapoook

I have said it befor and I will say it again.

Contact AMD/Intel & Nvidia/ATI and let them see the some sketchups and final pieces.

They love to present their new products in something with a little more pazaz than a case with a window. It would go down so well at trade shows with people flocking to the booth hosting your rig. I think everyone would be more interested in your rig than the new hardware.

There are links all over the major mod sites to your worklog as everyone has to see the mod that has just pushed the boundaries so fundamentally that we are all considering a career change.

This mod has totally changed the modding scene because its so insane! You coud get design contracts as a result of your work...Its just mad.

I would agree with the idea of designing your own water block..This is so custom that nothing other than your own design is worthy of being included in this work of art.

Simply amazing (sorry for the essay)

6. frodo

frodo What's a Dremel?

I agree with everyone (Even though i said he should make his own waterblocks first!!!!) as with his skills and equipment he could make a very very lovely set of blocks :D

hell if you got AMD to support you you might get a good ol' dual core A64 in there, which would be amazing. this mod has moved the goalposts of modding :D i think you should make and sell these cases, as they could be worth ALOT

7. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Those spinning bits really are unique and impressive. And VERY well-made! I love it :thumb: Keep up the amazing work :dremel:

8. Anthony

Anthony What's a Dremel?

C mon G69T, We need some uodates!! Plz!
    This work is awesom, thi is real modding :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :rock: :rock: :rock:

9. Tanaban

Tanaban What's a Dremel?

He is modding... THE VERY METAL OF THE EARTH... *shrug* :hehe:

I like the blade design. In my head when you mentioned it a while back I immagined something more boxy and I think I like this more. I'm out traveling so I haven't watched the videos but from what I gather wouldn't they spin at about the same rate when you add the graphics card block on the other one?

10. Mayo

Mayo What's a Dremel?

Sei un mito!!

GREAT JOB!!! :thumb:

11. (X)TORNADO(X)

(X)TORNADO(X) What's a Dremel?

This is so nice... :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

12. leviathan18

leviathan18 What's a Dremel?

:rock: :rock: :rock: OMG with that reservoir is just awesome really nice.

i think aluminium acrylic and water mmmm green water looks nice look at orac3.

you can do your own water block.... :dremel:

i had an idea you can put some mobile phone leds (they are small) bright white in the bottom of the reservoir just to have some ligthing :D

sorry for my english i know it sux :waah:

13. frodo

frodo What's a Dremel?

Just watched both of the videos... it looks awesome

by the looks of the background it looks like your in a swimming pool? am i correct? (im guessing due to the glas, and the graphics on the glass lookin' a bit swimming pool'ish)

take care

mod on :dremel:

14. leviathan18

i think his at work .....

i saw that you have the base and top of the case done the "walls" in which material would be acrylic?

edit: if you use the acrylic "walls" you can put ultra bright white leds :rock: so sweet.

sorry 4 my english :wallbash:

Last edited: 18 Mar 2005
  15. leviathan18

:idea: yesterday night i was looking the pics of your masterpiece and i saw my case :waah: and i realize that in my case i have a problem with all de cables inside the case looking a real mess so i was thinking how to hide them and i thought, to put the cables in tubes like in the houses that all the cables goes in tubes inside the wall you can do the same and make nice connector for them.

if i have any idea i'll post it.... i just love that case that you are building hope to see pics Asap

16. rachit

rachit What's a Dremel?

Not so bad :)

17. Vasto

Vasto What's a Dremel?

I joined just so I could tell you how amazing this mod is, and to subscribe

18. Emik

Emik What's a Dremel?

When will we see your awards for this exquisance :p

Never seen something as stunning as this before.
    The fact that you even made the connection screws and all that clearly shows you are a modder from scratch.
    My hat of for you mate.

19. Pitbull

Pitbull What's a Dremel?

is totaly pwns asses

cnc .. ==> I want it on my room!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

20. Bluefan

Bluefan test 123

Wish I had, This is just AWESOME work, I'll never be able to get that kind of nice work, unless I have the CNC stuff he has, but when your 16 year old, that's hard to get :waah: :waah: He's making me jealous, but WHATEVER, go on!!

(I'm planning to make a mod, but starting with quite a junkpile, I'll see what it's going to be)