Perforated, Maximum PC Rig of the Month! Aug 2005

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by bootupbuddha, 2 Sep 2004.

1. bootupbuddha

bootupbuddha grunge modder

My next mod is a group of 5 cases on a similar type theme. I was planing on doing a much more detailed job log that shows each step. It wont be to long from now as I really need to get to work on it.

2. bootupbuddha

Tanks!

3. Starbuck3733T

Starbuck3733T Look out sugar, here it comes

Damn dude, just damn. Beautiful work. I've got a good guess towards your weathering technique, but I won't say nuttin yet :)

4. omicron

omicron Baud.

Lookin' great, bub :thumb:. Cringed when I first saw the banana-plated side, but I see you've made it into a stunning aged, worn case without resorting to rust - mad skillz :baby:

5. (X)TORNADO(X)

(X)TORNADO(X) What's a Dremel?

6. ginx

ginx What's a Dremel?

Wow

This is amazing, I love it. I like how you were able to put a blow hole in the front of that case without filling in the grill (like I did on mine, which isn't posted, nor complete lol). Anyway, that's super sweet, does the security card thing really work?

7. mightynimrod

mightynimrod What's a Dremel?

Truly a work of art dude.......

Absolutely stunning - attention to detail is astounding :D

Well done!

8. Brew

Brew What's a Dremel?

Great mod Boot, I actually wasnt a fan of it after the painting began a long time ago. But you've made a believer out of me, this deffinatly looks like something you might find floating around the Nostromo ;) Awesome integration with the DD fillport, really looks like it belongs. Security card is a nice fresh one, that could actually be very practical (for us security freaks anyway)

I think its cool that you can chop the top on these cases, it would have been a very cool mod even if you had just left it stock looking but 3 bays shorter for a nice stealthmod *eyes his antec knockoff*

GJ, cant wait to see the next ones you roll out :dremel: :thumb:

9. Pitbull

Pitbull What's a Dremel?

I think you like to change the color of your case :hehe: :hehe:
    4 new colors in your updates

but the resullets are amezing :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

10. Novakog

Novakog What's a Dremel?

Wow, this is one of the best industrial looking case mods I've ever seen! Excellent work :thumb: !

11. MrBurritoMan

MrBurritoMan What's a Dremel?

i really love your case work and i have a few questions that have still been unanswered.

i have read & searched this whole post and i love your paint effects on various parts within the case however i am wondering did you use the tips given in the Hidden and Dangerious mod guide exactly? because i find your wethered effect a bit more drastic which is what i want but i cannot figure how it is possible to get your effect with the tips given. or maybe i am stupid and i missed a link or tip somewhere. anyway if you could help me out that would be great because no one seems to have any good tips to paint a case that is not all sleek and shiny.

BTW....I WANT YOUR CASE!!!!! :D

12. bootupbuddha

Hi all thanks for the responses. I’ll try to comment to everyone.

Starbuck: I have got a five case mod coming up and I will detail each step. I have refined it to the point that it is really easy and any one will be able to come up with a cool case paint job. Those of you who like to polish your cases (to much work for me) should be able to modify what I do for your needs.

Midwinter & Brew: I cringed as well, but I always said, it would look way different when done. But I can’t blame anyone for not liking it – it did not help that my updates took awhile to get posted. The security card works, (details in the next update) but its more of a trick then an actual security card. I did it because I thought it would raise the cool factor up a few points.

Tornado, Ginx & Mightynimrod: thanks - what’s a ginx?

Pitbull: you have no idea; I have repainted the case several times till I got it where I wanted it to be.

Novakog: Thanks; I plan on entering a few contests. Hope I at least win a new mouse pad. Lol

Mr.Burritoman: No I did not follow any of the tips in the Hidden and Dangerous mod. I had already come up with how I wanted to do it. I wish that that guide had been written when I started, as I would have been able to speed up my painting phase drastically. I visited many special effects sites; model painting sites and whatnot trying to find a how to. I pretty much struck out – the most helpful sites were the model detailing sites. The stenciling was something that I came up with on my own – though I would not say that it was an original idea since it seems that a lot of people have been doing similar work for a while, I just didn’t notice it till way after. I only pointed out the Hidden & Dangerous mod cause he describes how to do it better then I did. I have not detailed the weathering – I am keeping that under wraps for just a little longer. Starbuck: mums the word!

13. Isuo

Isuo What's a Dremel?

Really neat. Can't find a bad word to say about the case.

14. ginx

ginx What's a Dremel?

Lol, I don't know what a ginx is, its just my handle, I was going for an alternate spelling of "jinx", since many people probably go by that already. :rock:

15. Visionism

Visionism What's a Dremel?

:jawdrop: You are the god of weathering. I'm not worthy. I only hope the project I'm planning has weathering that looks half as good.

16. bootupbuddha

:blush: lol - thanks

17. scifi3018

scifi3018 Minimodder

viosonism:
    Were not worthy, were not worthy
    (2 point to whoever knows what movie thats from)
    Kick ass mod. I cant wait to find out how the security card works, though im thinking its just a switch the triggers hen there is a card in the socket...
    I want to put a security device... on my case.

18. Garbach

Garbach What's a Dremel?

That would be Waynes world the movie.. :D

I wonder if you made that desktop yourself or did you get it frome someplace, because I think it's supercool and I would love to have it on my own PC!!

19. acidfire

acidfire What's a Dremel?

This is a great looking mod, being an aliens freak I absolutely love this. I'd love to see a case done in the fossilized bone style of the jockey's space ship.

:thumb: :thumb:

The NavCom is an awesome idea, and prompted me to add something similar to a mod I'm planning, but it will be for a different purpose.

Keep up the awesome work!

20. Thorn

Thorn Gaijin Studios

NICE !!!!! :rock: