1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Audigy Drive Faceplate

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Straylight, 21 Feb 2003.

1. Straylight

Straylight What's a Dremel?

Sorry if this is answered elsewhere, but I couldn't find the answer via the search tool...

Anyone know of a place where I can purchase quality aluminum faceplates for the Audigy1/Audigy2/Live drive? I saw that Creative is now offering black faceplates, but I cannot seem to find a silver version. I'll paint it if I have to, but the quality of manufactured parts is almost always better (lettering, etc...).

Any help is appreciated.

2. eddie_dane

eddie_dane Used to mod pc's now I mod houses

I have only seen them in black, can't say that I have seen them in aluminum.

[edit] check out our man Cool Hand's audigy face plate, he painted it in silver linkie

[edit numbero dos] Cool Hand tells what kind of paint he uses in this thread

3. Lorquis

Lorquis lorquisSpamCount++;

dane the eddie.... although this is offtopic I must say... your avatar disturbs me greatly.... along with the matching location and title...

4. eddie_dane

eddie_dane Used to mod pc's now I mod houses

that's ok, I find your's amusing and disturbing too... :hehe:

5. Shadow6363

Shadow6363 What's a Dremel?

if ur asking if creative makes a silver faceplate, then the answer is no, for i have e-mailed them with the same question, they said that currently there was not a great enough demand for the silver color, but if ur looking for just some other company that has taken a standard one and manufactured it into silver, i have seen sites that sell those, but sorry, my links are too unorganized for me to find out where they were

6. ouija

ouija Trust me, I am doctor!

Why not do what I plan to do with my lovely new PC-70

/me hugs PC-70

Ummm.. yes, why not just make one using the existing plate as a template. I know it won't have the logo or anything but I think it would look better than painting it whatever colour needed

7. GT3_GOD

GT3_GOD What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]

Thats what Bossman did to his over at OcUK

Heres the link to his site

Nicest one I have ever seen :)

8. ouija

ouija Trust me, I am doctor!

That is what I planned to make my Lian-Li faceplate into. Very neat and stylish IMO. I must find out how he did the logo :)

9. AngelOfRage

AngelOfRage Minimodder

any more recent updates on the whole Custom Audigy Face plate thingy?

the links in here seem to be dead.

10. pcjabber

pcjabber What's a Dremel?

My suggestion?

First, make a template of your current faceplate. Photoshop it, or however you want to go about it. This means logos, text, etc.

Then, follow the guides:
    http://www.bit-tech.net/article/87/
    http://www.bit-tech.net/article/88/

BTW, read the guides first. They have some great info =) And they produce very impressive results :rock: Major kudos to Macro!

11. AngelOfRage

AngelOfRage Minimodder

ive seen those, but they dont exactly look that good, and the chances of getting them to blend into a brushed alu case exactly is pretty slim.

I was thinking along the lines of cutting out a blank Alu panel that came with the case or creating a flip up cover, again out of a blank drive cover.

(i know i have seen the first idea done before but cant seem to find a link...)

12. Unlimited 1

Unlimited 1 What's a Dremel?

The link and image isn't working for me.

13. Kermet

Kermet [custom title]

Have a look at what I did here. Not aluminium but painted and decals alot less obvious than using stick on plastic film...

14. AngelOfRage

AngelOfRage Minimodder

Your right that does look alot better than the metal sheet. I surpose it'd be trial and error finding a Silver paint that matches up well.

Im actually considering not bothering with the expansion bay anyway, ive got a headphone socket on the front of my V1000 and i use my phone as a Bluetooth remote for winamp/mediaplayer. thats all i used it for on my old pc.

I could proberly get abit for the expansion bay bit on ebay anyway...