Sc4mpi's V1000SLi - Stage 1 done.

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by sc4mpi, 17 Jan 2005.

1. Kyuari

Kyuari What's a Dremel?

did your stuff die ??

2. tm36usa

tm36usa What's a Dremel?

Crap man, that sucks. Is everything ok? Im guessing that you caught it in time so the stuff couldn't heat up all too much. So did the pump still have power when it stoped? Like it froze or something? Or did it lose power all together? I hope all those parts are ok.

3. TTmodder

TTmodder Hammertime

use 2 pumps in parralel and 1 water loop. because when one pump fails the other still works :idea: :idea: :idea:

4. sc4mpi

sc4mpi OG watercooler

Its weird it jsut stops. no vibrations nothing. give the molex on the back a push and a wiggle it starts again. and it works for say a day and it jsut stops out the blue again

yet i aint touched the wire or nothing =(

i think it could be the actual controller on the pump

i suppose it could be the impeller jamming. but i surly would feel some vibrations.

i was on when it happend. so i managed to turn pc off.

5. TTmodder

TTmodder Hammertime

what kind of pumps are you using

6. modsquad

modsquad Grease Monkey Undergraduate..

He is using a lot of Innovatek gear. If memory serves, he has the Innovatek HPPS 12v (a modified Eheim 1046). It has to be a electrical problem, try another pump, perhaps the stock Eheim 1046. A very good "workhorse" of a pump.
    Shut down options. Are you using the Innovatek FOM display? I don't remember. If so, they have a flow meter/emergency shutdown setup you may want to look at.
    Very sorry..Such a pretty case..Try another pump.

7. TTmodder

TTmodder Hammertime

parralel conneted pumps does that when one fail the other still run and keep the system cool enough to shut down in time an solve the problem :idea::idea::idea::idea::idea: more safe with one big loop and 2 parralel pumps then 2 small and one pump per loop :naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty:

8. sc4mpi

sc4mpi OG watercooler

yer i have 2 hpps pump's one does the cpu loop one does the gfx. the one on the cpu loop was brand new. and is fully functional. not a problem. the second hpps was second hand of M D K but it seemed to be fine at the time. untill now :( im pretty sure its got somthing to do with the moxlex on the actulay pump. or the controler itself.

i was going to do one big loop. but the problem is that unless both the pumps are working it wont have enough flow to pump it around the loop. which is y i implemented dual loops in the first place. :( i might have a go at stripping the pump down and having a look see if theres any water dammage on controler pcb or w/e if not i might try soldering a diffrent molex on it. so rather going

(psu->>-female molex-wire-male molex->>-pump molex - pump controller)

solder it so it goes.

(psu->>-female molex-wire-Pump controler)

thats all i think i can try short of buying a new pump which i realy cant afford to do :(

9. PHILIP1193

PHILIP1193 a Self Confessed HP Server Lover!!

sell an arm of leg, they fetch loads i hear :p

Phil

10. sc4mpi

sc4mpi OG watercooler

lol would haft to sell both arms and both legs and a ear to get another pump and flow meter lol.

Edit: ow yer ModSquad can u recommend any flow meters?

11. TTmodder

TTmodder Hammertime

12. modsquad

Innovatek PRO flowmeter by it out stock.. :waah:
    I am surprised to hear a single Innovatek HPPS 12v can't move the H20 for you. You don't need massive flow rates with these smallbore H20 systems. Perhaps try running with the one pump and watch your temps for a few hours.

13. sc4mpi

sc4mpi OG watercooler

1 pump can cope with a 120. 3 and 120.1 and the block but then through in a dead pump, another restriction and a extra res. it will flow yet i recon it will put undue strain on the pump. ill rather just get the second to work like it should =(. ahh iv found that flow meter in stock some were :) quite cunning how it flashes to get your attention when flow stops. :)

14. TTmodder

TTmodder Hammertime

how about ordering for innovateks homepage

15. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

I'd suggest you do like me and take a pair of smllper pumps and run them in parallel. The CSP-MAG's are very small and relatively inexpensive, yet are very quiet and have quite a bit of power behind them (at least if they're an improved of the 750's, which they are supposed to be). You may want to consider getting a set.

Dunno what to say really... short of replacing the controller board (or the full pump to be sure) it's just plain wierd.

16. TTmodder

TTmodder Hammertime

17. modsquad

The main board for the Innovatek HPPS is like $50US..About the cost of a Eheim 1250 (compression fittings for it could be a problem, not sure)..
    1200 l/h. but not 12volt....
    Eheim pumps have a great track-record..I can't speak for the modified 1046 that Innovatek sells. But I do hope this is not a trend. I have one in a project I am working on as well.. :worried:

Last edited: 4 May 2005
  18. sc4mpi

sc4mpi OG watercooler

i have to in mine the main pump for cpu. has been fine and i hope it contiues to be, the second is b-grade from mdk and i think its been work quite a bit, i still recon its the molex on the controler pcb and not the actual pump.

19. modsquad

You could try to fix the Molex, but I think you need one of these I am sure the rest of the pump is fine. Best of Luck..

20. sc4mpi

sc4mpi OG watercooler

Hello again, right iv attempted to solve one problem :D (ordered a flow meter) but now iv hit another :blah: the 4 sticks of ocz seem to get excessively hot. to the point at which it some times causes the system to lock up. Iv temporarily soved the problem by putting a 40mm fan on it.but it looks tack and is just sitting there. so i want to start to design a waterblock or a mounting plate for 2 40mm blue fans. The waterblock idea will be entirly down to whether MDK will be able to get it machined. Other than that i can try the fan idea. so any ideas would be welcome . :D

Sc4mpi out.... :D