Gmono Case Front Audio Ports to Asus P4800SE Board Questions

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Leinie, 5 May 2005.

1. Leinie

Leinie What's a Dremel?

Hello, I am new to this forum, and I am planning to start Moding. I just got the Gmono Case in Black with the side window. I am starting by hooking up my new parts. I am confused about hooking up the front audio ports.

The Gmono case has 7 connectors for the front audio ports (Line in and Mic) They are labeled as :Mic In, MicBias, GND, Spkout R, Spkout L, Return R, Return L.

The Asus board has 8 pins, and they are labeled as:MIC2, AGND, MicPwr, +5va, Line out_R, Bline_OUUT_R, Line out_L, Bline_OUT_L

Can anyone help me figure out what goes to what and why the numbers are different.

On a different note, there is a front Firewire port as well, It has six connectors. My Firewire card has an internal connector just like the regular firewire port. Does anyone know of a connector to go from 6 wires to the actual firewire port?

Thanks in advance for all your help.

2. Zephyr

Zephyr Go V-Boy, Go!

The markings are different because there is no "industry standard" for front IO ports. Here is how the pin-out should go, though:

Code:
    Mobo Connector  |  Front Panel
    Line out_R     |    Spkout R
    Bline_OUT_R    |    Return R
    Line out_L     |    Spkout L
    Bline_OUT_L    |    Return L
    AGND      |    GND
    MIC2      |    Mic In
    MicPwr      |    MIC2
    Apparently your front panel audio doesn't require power, so you won't use the +5va line, but that should be what it is :)

3. Leinie

Leinie What's a Dremel?

Thanks for the quick response. I really appreciate your help.

4. Leinie

Leinie What's a Dremel?

Does anyone have any suggestions for the front Firewire port with seperate wires connecting to the internal standard Firewire port?