1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Avoid this ebay member!

Discussion in 'General' started by Enak, 17 May 2005.

1. Enak

Enak Also known as Kane

I've not had any trouble on ebay before, until now!

The seller in question is absolutdealz

Basically, I payed by paypal immediately. Followed up 2 weeks later asking when I should expect the goods... A few days later I received an email back saying I would receive the tracking number tomorrow.
    A week later and still nothing.. So I asked again.
    Another week, and I request a refund through Paypal. That evening, I had the following email:
    This is my response...
    I am yet to receive a reply or anything from the seller and the matter is still in the hands of Paypal/ Ebay.

Avoid this seller!

2. ou7blaze

ou7blaze sensational.

this is why i will never use eBay although I hope you didn't buy something too expensive though ...

3. Awoken

Awoken Gazing at the stars

£119 :eeek: Ouch dude. Noted :thumb:

4. Zephyr

Zephyr Go V-Boy, Go!

Hmm, sad to hear this happen. It seems like when you get to buying from the huge fleaBay companies with 83215270 feedback and names like "thebeststoreever", you're running a risk. I always would rather buy from the guy cleaning the computer junk out of his bookshelf, rather than the store trying to make a profit. Seems to end nicer :)

Still a shame, though.

5. mushky

mushky gimme snails

Thanks for the heads up dude. Unfortunately I have been hearing a lot of similar stories about ebay recently. I hope Ebay sort it out quickly for you. They tend to favour the buyer anyway and your case is solid but these things can take time.

6. lord nicon21

lord nicon21 sexy *******

£119.00 (Reserve met) you don't have a leg to stand on

7. Dayains

Dayains Notamodder

Why's that?

8. Kermet

Kermet [custom title]

All that means is that he is now obliged to buy the goods, which he has. The problem is the sender isn't sending...

9. shroom

shroom What's a Dremel?

Just want to point out that it does indeed take that long once the complaint is filed and assets are frozen. Its a downside but its how they work, and its a great way to bring any problem to a screeching halt. I was a trading assistant for a few months, and I dealt with a few of these.

10. Lovah

Lovah Apple and Canon fanboy

Bad luck!
    It seems that the seller is otherwise not so bad.. (feedback). But I guess you never know. I hope everything gets sorted!

Good luck
    L

11. Enak

Enak Also known as Kane

The other guy who's had trouble has just emailed me... interesting.

12. WireFrame

WireFrame <b>PermaBanned</b>

don't sweat it. Trust me, I've had trouyble too. Paypal are weak. They are a good idea, but subservient to the creditcards. Which is to say, that if Paypal don't give you a refund, and you go to the creditcard (you DID pay by CC, right?!?!?!) to get a refund (Barclaycard....insured online transactions) then Paypal are lefty with a £119 hole in their pocket. Just sweat it out. Paypal usually give you the money back.

Unfortunately even when you have SENT goods, if you are a seller, will they do this, so a separate headsup. I NEVER ACCEPT paypal payments.

EDIT: How much dynamat do you need?!?!? ;)

13. Enak

Enak Also known as Kane

I have 3 boxes already... probably gonna get another 2 :D

14. Sc0rian

Sc0rian Here comes the farmer

bad luck

ebay is one of the biggest scams going tbh:(

15. bengaskell

bengaskell Banned

Sorry but thats balls. eBay is 99.9% genuine. Ass holes like the one mentioned are some of the few people who screw up an otherwise great marketplace. It provides a way to get something for next to nothing and offers a place to sell unwanted items. Yes there are scams, but sadly would the media report that "Mark" from "Stoke" recently bought a Radeon 9800 for £20. No they just pick the bad stuff and then put a pluffy bunny article at the end of the news, followed by the weather.

My rant went a little off topic but it's people like one of my friends, Alan, who always ditched eBay and stuck to it. Then he used it to sell something and he made a bit of cash. Now he's happy. Don't knock it untill you've tried it. If you have and had a bad expeirence then that's bad luck and you're part of the minority.

Having said that PayPal may take a while but unless he can provide proof of posting then I'm guessing you'll get your cash back.

Hope you get your cash back or the item, sounds like prick for society to deal with.

bg

[END OF RANT :thumb: ]

16. FIBRE+

FIBRE+ Minimodder

Ebay aint all bad, tbh its just because of the usual cun.. i mean git that you have the displeasure of dealing with at some point in your life. It may be on ebay, it may be behind a service desk in a shop and more frequently the person who wants to smash a random persons face in because he failed to "pull"...

I almost got scammed by a guy selling BFG 6800 Ultras a few months back. I won the auction for just under $300 inc post, went to pay and just before I did I noticed the "no longer registered" quote under his name... Very close call, it made my stomach turn at the thought of him taking my money especially since I really couldnt afford the lavish purchase.

Still using ebay though and very pleased with the money ive made/saved. Just make sure you read the listing, if its too good to be true or have negative/neutral feeback and less than 30 then leave it.

Just remember you will only hear the bad storys... and dont knock it unless youve used it!

Always bid last minute!!

Me: http://stores.ebay.co.uk/FIBRE-AUCTIONS

Once youve got your money back tell him youve seen the future in your crystal balls and he dies in his sleep, alone, fat and ugly... on a p!ssy matress

Last edited: 18 May 2005
  17. bengaskell

bengaskell Banned

Sounds familiar. Now were did I here that. Hmmmmm..... I wonder. :thumb:

Lol, yeh pretty much it's the same with food.

bg

18. -:: M@ ::-

-:: M@ ::- Testify!

'tbh' its not..I have brought/sold almost 100 things on there, and never once have I had a problem, ive brought tonnes of expensive guitar/amplification hardware and other stuff off there, and never had a problem, and only one bad feedback which was a mistake.
    Aslong as you know what your doing, and know what to look out for (in a bad seller) your fine, ebay is just common sense..

- M@

19. Mace

Mace Ohh, it stings.

The only thing you hear about ebay every now and then is a deal gone sour... But to find that one sour deal, there were several hundreds of thousands that went by just fine.... I'm tired of hearing about how bad ebay is

20. WireFrame

WireFrame <b>PermaBanned</b>

EBay is t3h r0xx0rh. When I was unemployed, and hard up for cash, to the point of being broke, Ebay was there for me. I sold loads of stuff I never used for good money. They charge very little, and have the most amazing audience. Talk about passing trade! I love Ebay.