1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News More European Wii launch info

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Da Dego, 1 Nov 2006.

1. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

2. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Flash memory wont fill too quickly, Ive got several hundred nes roms and they take very little space. Im sure there must be some sort of backup option though.

No Streets of Rage makes Bindi a sad sad person.

3. M4RTIN

M4RTIN What's a Dremel?

pricing of the games looks alright, comparable with xbox arcade. mybrother is getting one for xmas so it should be a good time as log as wii can get the games anyway lol

4. FredsFriend

FredsFriend What's a Dremel?

Oh No goldeneye on the list yet :(

5. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

I don't think Goldeneye or PD will be on this system, because they are Rare made and Rare are now Microsofts employees

6. Chuff_72

Chuff_72 What's a Dremel?

It's great to see all these wonderful developers and publishers joining in with the innovative spirit of the Wii and producing incredible exclusive titles, I for one am nearly wetting myself with uncontainable joy with the announcement that I can finally, FINALLY play Cars and Barnyard the way God intended, with a wireless pointer and an analogue potato.

7. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

The internal flash is only 512MB though is it not? And N64 roms are relatively large, Golden eye is 16MB and Zelda is 25MB (uncompressed) of course though I guess they will use compression or something anyway.
    Still nice to have more info and great to see the Sega games are pretty good ones too.

8. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

flash cards arn't that much, its all good :)

9. M4RTIN

M4RTIN What's a Dremel?

1gb sd card is only a few quid so is pretty much a guaranteed purchase

10. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

I just want the old Squaresoft back catalogue on the Wii, then I'll be happy with the downloadable content. :D

11. Fophillips

Fophillips What's a Dremel?

I want Super Metroid and Super Mario World.

12. _DTM2000_

_DTM2000_ Minimodder

Where's Mario Cart, that was the best game ever. :waah:

13. Lazarus Dark

Lazarus Dark Minimodder

^^ my first thought too and goldeneye , I hope your wrong that they wont have it.

"analogue potato"
    lmfao -- yes thats it! I couldnt figure out what it looked like- a potato!

Im looking forward to trying original zelda. I actually have only played link to the past, ocarina, majora and links awakening.

14. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

But Rare made Donkey Kong Country on the SNES too and that coming out, I suppose it's because DK is nintendo's IP, so they still own the rights to it even though Rare made it. But Rare own the IP to things like Prefect Dark and Conker.

15. Darv

Darv Bling!!

You don't need to worry about running out of space. WHen you buy a VC game the transaction is stored on a database, so you can simply download it again whenever you like. :D

16. dullonien

dullonien Master of the unfinished.

Noo I really hope Goldeneye and Perfect Dark will come out, 2 of the best games ever.

Mario Cart 64 is another one I can't wait for. Dec 12 is geting closer and closer.

17. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

You see, I dont like to trust other people. If someone hacks the account details like Steam you've lost all your purchased games. Boo Hoo Hoo cause Valve doesn't give a **** and Nintendo are a slightly larger organisation. Sure, it's coupled to your credit card or whatever but supposen you change your card? And you still have to download it all again.

There's no way in hell you'll be able to take your games off of the internal flash onto an SD card or whatever, just think of the piracy implications and Nintendo wont want you to take the card to someone elses house and load it on their Wii, they'll want your mate to buy it too etc

It's a fantastic way to stop game sharing/lending and rape everyone out of more cash. It's just like DRM.

18. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Every Wii has a unique Identifying number, it wouldn't surprise me if this number was embedded in each ROM so you could only play it on your Wii. Or even if it linked it to your Mii on your Wiimote so only if your Wiimote was connected would you be able to play it, prevents theft and uses it like the original cartridges.

Tags: Add Tags