1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Google shuts down Gaia

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Da Dego, 28 Nov 2006.

1. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

2. Herbicide

Herbicide Lurktacular

Politeness from a multinational company? I'm shocked.

Who else is waiting for google to make them an offer?

- H.

3. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

At least there is some small amount of politeness outside the bit-tech community.

Sam

4. herbs

herbs Nobody but us chickens

Well assuming the person is from google maps etc then I think he did his company proud, no threating letter like the arses from RIAA, no bullying just a request. Now whether he would have been a hard arse if they didnt agree who knows.
    This could have been a PR disaster for google but it's been handled fairly well.

5. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

Quite refreshing for a large corporation to actually ask someone in a seemingly level headed manner to do something instead of law suits.

Perhaps this guy will go on to get a job with google? who knows!

6. trailblazer

trailblazer What's a Dremel?

The letter was polite, professional and respectful, I think it was well handled, I liked the engineer to engineer approach.

7. Drexial

Drexial Minimodder

yeah i was thinking that a follow up letter with a job offer would be the next step. i mean they were doing it to satisfy a wider user base then google earth already has. its an absolute assurance of customers. in terms of business thats a no brainer.

8. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Beautiful application of psychology. Establish a relationship, establish a basis of trust, make a demand but also explain the reasoning behind it. Finish off with reinforcing the relationship and trust.

Moreover, it is so obviously the sensible and mature way of handling things, fitting of Google's "Don't Be Evil" motto. If only all business would work this way...

9. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

I feel like pink.

10. mattthegamer463

mattthegamer463 What's a Dremel?

Can't you see? You've placed the world in jeopardy! You must stop before we are all killed! Please don't make me write another letter stating how serious this is.

I love his choice of words. Great fun to read, and very polite, yet assertive.

11. Spaceraver

Spaceraver Ultralurker

I like google even more after this... they dont threaten people, they ask... nicely put by the engineer in question... after all... it's their software... if i "broke" NTFS or something like that i would go to jail

Tags: Add Tags