1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Raven working on Wolfenstein sequel

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 15 May 2007.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Yay! I liked the Wolfenstine when it came out back in '01 and hopefully this will be the same thing!

3. Baz

Baz I work for Corsair

Blimey, was Return to Castle Wolfenstein really released 6 years ago?!

i'm sure this'll be decent, quake 4 wasnt too bad :)

4. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

Ah crap, wolfinstein is my addiction, i can already see my money being spent on vista now, :(

on a positive note, YES its back! i remember geforce 4 days, the last one looked great at 1280x1024 with everything turned on, but that did cause an upgrade to my old 6800GT, lol!

5. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Which part of Quake 4 wasn't bad? The failry decent multiplayer, or the ****, bland and paint-by-numbers singleplayer?

Ha.

6. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

*bitch slaps Joe*

You enjoyed it! Even if it was rather paint by numbers.

RTCW on the other hand was a SWEET game, great graphics, well put together story line, brilliantly moving between real-life war scenes and sci-fi/horror levels without any kinds of seam. Plus, despite it's age, it still has the prettiest flame thrower EVER by a very long mile. Had everything really, tanks, planes, good sniper levels, lots of Nazis with good AI, stealth kills, lyrca clad vixens, zombies, mechanical super soilders and a Tesla coil you could carry around with you, sweet! I remember the map developers being all chuffed with themselves because they made a map that was nearly too big for the Q3 map editor (it was the cable car level if anyone's interested). It even had Rob Zombie as the game boss, could this game do no wrong?

I've faith in Raven as a developer as well, despite Q4's rather none innovative gameplay, JK2 was an excellent game, thorougly enjoyed that one.

Oh and who can forget RTCW's multiplayer! It was AMAZING! Gave birth to Enemey Territory and everything! Plus you could set people on fire and watch them piss themselves! Or was that Postal 2? Either way, all round brilliant game, and one that really stands the test of time as well, I played it again last year and it's still an awful lot of fun, the graphics don't even really look dated, only the lighting is a little static. And the flame thrower is still so, so beautiful.

7. Hamish

Hamish What's a Dremel?

you could certainly set people on fire in RTCW MP but im fairly sure they didnt piss themselves :p

8. Major

Major Guest

Can't beleive people haven't said Wolfenstein, Enemy Territory. Geez.

But this is great news.

9. capnPedro

capnPedro Hacker. Maker. Engineer.

I was just about to say. I play TC:E, a mod for ET pretty much every day. Enemy Territory is 4 years old.

10. pendragon

pendragon I pickle they

"Schutzstaffel!"

11. Delphium

Delphium Eyefinity enabled

:jawdrop: W00000000oooooooooooooTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111!!1 :D:D

12. Delphium

Delphium Eyefinity enabled

They did indeed do that in postal 2 :D but only they would wet themselfs, if you used the taser/stun gun toomuch ;)
    although in postal you could stun gun the person to the ground untill they unconscious then set the person on fire, piss on them to put them out, they would wake and start walking around like a chargrilled zombie :D

Last edited: 15 May 2007
  13. Hugo

Hugo Ex-TrustedReviews Staff

Los Los Los!!!

Damn, I don't know which I want more now, this or Alan Wake..

14. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

postal 2, another great game, and the add on of 'share the pain' excellent, deseased cow's head and lots of other great weapons!!!

15. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Postal 2 isn't by any means a 'good' game. Shock value made it interesting and I like the way it's possible just stalk around with the rifle. I wish the police could catch you and punish you more efficently. Getting out of prison was way too easy.

16. scq

scq What's a Dremel?

Lordy yes!

I've been anticipating this since its announcement back in 2005. More stereotypes, less PCness, more Nazis and more occult zombies!

17. smoguzbenjamin

smoguzbenjamin "That guy"

Sorry fellas, but the link to the flash game from will's article is dead :(

18. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

i like the Wolfenstein series, and i always have good hope for a new game ;) how it turns out, however, is really about luck....

...however, the old post that was link from this post had a short comment at the end that made me think...

how long does it take before theres a movie came out about it too?

personally, i didnt see how Doom can be a full length movie, but had good hopes, coz, albeit the simplicity, there IS a storyline.... then the movie turned out suck.
    but with Wolfenstein... hmmm there is definitely a brilliant storyline.... but how Hollywood can squeeze that to a 2hr movie is beyond me, really....

19. Skill3d

Skill3d Minimodder

I luv wolfenstein, played RTCW & ET since they were beta's, too bad my pc is err.... "incomplete" and my laptop can't handle the games :( can't wait for the sequel... damn need to put my pc together :eek: my addiction to wolf is returning....

The storyline, the multiplayer maps... :rock: one of the best :rock:

20. Bbq.of.DooM

Bbq.of.DooM Custom User Title

I'd think they should do a re-make of the original wolfenstein. Same characters, same weapons, maybe even a few maps from the original. And definatly keep everything that made it so infamous; Nazis, Hitler, Attack dogs, bloody gory fun. Make a version for Germany, since displaying Swastikas is illegal there.

I still remember the nocturnal missions in the original Wolfenstein.

Tags: Add Tags