1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News New Haze footage released

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 12 Jul 2007.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

the PS3 is getting some nice games.... i await lower prices and reviews.

3. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

Very promising title, I hope it comes to the 360 at some point.

4. Bladestorm

Bladestorm What's a Dremel?

The PC gamer article talked a little about how the "terrorists" apparently have also gotten a hold of nectar and aren't afraid to use it in traps, to force already dosing mantel soldiers to overdose, so as to make the player have to think even more about what they are doing, which sounded neat :)

5. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

Loving the HUD plus visor and all :)

6. MR BUNGLE

MR BUNGLE Shoddymodder

Looks very nice..:D
    - Was hoping for more features to differenciate it from other FPS games though...

Having said that, I have great respect for Free Radical: the Timesplitters series were the best shooters on PS2 by a long way IMO!

Hmm... looks like the decent games are finally coming up for the PS3.... Must... Resist.. Buying....

Nahh - STILL too damn expensive!

7. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

Is it me or was that boring as ****?
    Looks like a broke-ass version of Crysis.

8. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Been speaking to Rob Newcombe (the writer, very cool guy) recently and he confirmed this. They use 'Nectar grenades' and can shoot you in the Nectar pack to force overdoses, among other things.

9. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

nice to see a pistol that sounds meaty

10. Duste

Duste Sierra my delta, bravo!

Lol @ graphical bug on the top of the visor. g0t stretch?

11. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

I guess the name Haze comes from the over-used bloom effect.

12. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

This was the first question I asked Rob when I first met him. It's called Haze because of the blurred line between right and wrong and also because of so called 'Hazing rituals' in the military which play a role in the game.

13. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

uh, i think that's a compass.

14. devdevil85

devdevil85 What's a Dremel?

The ATV scene didn't seem realistic. The gun looked too easy to aim...I mean you're stuck on the side of an ATV bouncing up and down and side to side and yet you can still aim just as good as if you were sitting on a still object. Hopefully they add more shakiness to scenes like that....it also reminded me of Halo just a little, but until I see it in-person I won't judge...and in regards to it being a broke-ass Crysis, Crysis is going to take a $1700+ rig (and Windows Vista) in order to play it at the same resolution the PS3 will allow you play this game at and without Vista.....

15. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

can you please me with the source of that info?

16. TheEclypse

TheEclypse What's a Dremel?

Pretty much what I thought.

17. devdevil85

devdevil85 What's a Dremel?

How about you find me information stating that in order to run Crysis at the same quality as Haze on PS3 you won't have to spend atleast $1700 on a new rig. I mean seriously, you're gonna need atleast SLI/Crossfire, a Quad-Core CPU, probably the fastest Hard Drive (Raptor or Raided HD's), atleast 2 High Performance DDR2/DD3 Memory modules, a nice soundcard (preferrably Creative's new Audigy series), of course a nice case (atleast I would hope you'd try and show it off), and of course a motherboard that would allow for all of these components. The demo-rig that Crytek was using was of course top-of-the-line and if you want to play the game at the crazy-nice resolutions that they were showing off, or maybe even up to the resolution that the PS3 will be putting out for Haze at 1080p, (and unless you are some super crazy, black market, clearence/sale bargain shopper) you will have to spend at the least $1700 on a new rig. Please don't make me go to Newegg and price everything out......

18. ElZog

ElZog Defeater of Satan's Transformo Sofa

Ok then go to newegg, price everything, then reprice it at ebuyer so we get a UK price translation to learn how badly shafted we get, maybe then use Xi.com and an excel spreadsheet to convert these prices into all the world currencies, and also post component pictures.

19. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

this remembers me when people went running around like headless chickens when HL2 was to get out, thinking they would need the most insane rigs, and then when it hit it was so much optimized that my stupid computer, at the time a P4 1.5Ghz, MX200 and 512Mb ram, ran it very nicely at medium detail and a computer a friend had, OCed P4 @ 2.2GHz, TI4800 and 512Mb ram, ran it at almost top detail..... at a time were series 6 was standard.

i bet with you that a current rig with a single 8800gtx and a core 2 duo E6600 and 2Gb of simple corsair or kingston memory on a nice mobo will run it quite nicely at 1920x1080 at comfortable FPS.

when i asked you the foundations of your statement i was intrigued because it seamed that you knew the minimum and recommended system requirements for crysis ..... but hey... it seams you have only speculation that i will require a cray to play the game.

edit: considering your nationality i will question you if you would find the PS3 cheap if they asked you $1,870 for it like they do in Brazil... (the XBOX 360 is also sold at a high price of $1,586)..... or at $995 like they get it in Denmark..... i am one of the lucky ones and have to pay $807 for something you pay $500 ..... hey.... its tradition for Sony to have fun with us.....

Last edited: 12 Jul 2007
  20. Skill3d

Skill3d Minimodder

hmz for the price of a 8800gtx + PSU for it, I can get a PS3 + game o_0 but OT, the game looks pretty nice... Perhaps a title to remember

a PS3 costs like 600 euro's here (+/- 825 US$) in hongkong they pay like 375 US$ wh00t! EU gets owned by Sony?!

Tags: Add Tags