1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News PS3 to get digital tuner in 2008

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Da Dego, 1 Aug 2007.

1. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

2. Seraphim Works

Seraphim Works What's a Dremel?

I'm actually pretty interested in this, not that I have a PS3, but it strikes me a very nice way for me to have digital tv hooked up to my 215TW along with a powerful console capable of playing most of my ps2 games. Simplifies things nicely and saves space for me.

Question is, how much and when?

3. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

I said before that i was surprised that these next gen consoles ie PS3 and 360 dont have a digital tuner and act as a Hard Disk Video Recorder as they both want to be multi media hubs and be the one source under your TV.

Maybe this is it, If they put a digital tuner in, it must be to record to the hard disk as what else could it be used for???

The only other reason I can think of. You buy a LCD TV with no tunner. Then if the pesky TV licence man comes around, you only have the games console to hide, and then you would say to the TV man 'how can I pick up TV signals, there is no tunner in my TV so sod off you annoying little man' :)

4. Super_Crazy_Guy

Super_Crazy_Guy What's a Dremel?

Woot NZ! hehe. I didn't realise that Sony let its NZ Managers know information...thought they just kept them in a cage in the basement.:D:D:cooldude:

5. sandys

sandys Multimodder

Hmm, whos going to want to have a tuner plugged in front of the PS3 with the required antenna hook up to it, its bad enough my KVM plugging into the front, looks untidy, they really should have fitted USB ports to the rear. The upfront ones are fine for plugging my old PS2 controllers into when I need 4 pads or a wheel when I want to use that but to have a tuner in front :rolleyes:

They'd be better off doing what they did with the forerunner to the PS3, the PSX (not the PS1 but the PSX PVR released in japan ) that sort of system might have a chance of selling now that the component parts are cheaper.

Tags: Add Tags