1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming CliffyB on Life, Design and Gears of War PC

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Guest-16, 20 Sep 2007.

1. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Our 2nd part of the Gears of War PC Preview content is the Interview with 'CliffyB':

http://www.bit-tech.net/gaming/2007/09/20/cliffyb_on_life_design_and_gears_of_war_pc/1

Earlier in the week, bit-tech had the chance to have a chat with well known game designer CliffyB at a promotional event for Gears of War on the PC. In this candid interview he talks about the game, his thoughts on game design and his wish to make a game based on Dance, Dance, Revolution but "with a pole”.

:naughty:

2. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

I'm in two minds whether to buy it or not. I've played the game, and I know the story... That to me is one of the biggest re-playability factor. If I already know the story, why do it again until you have forgotten most of it. Maybe I'll give it a year.

3. p3n

p3n What's a Dremel?

"I don't know why anybody would think we'd make a sequel to a game that sold over 4 million copies. That would be stupid."

Shouldn't that be wouldn't think?!

Makes no sense to me!

4. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I think it was sarcasm ;)

5. yakyb

yakyb i hate the person above me

im in two minds also ive never touched the game but with a whole array of games shipping over the next few months i may just leave this one

6. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

its a very good game. You should play it. Get it in a year or something.

7. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

shouldn't:

be in italics as it's not Cliffy saying it?
    (Bottom of page 2)

And why on earth wasn't he asked if the PC content would be coming to 360?

8. ElZog

ElZog Defeater of Satan's Transformo Sofa

Well i've not played this so if the port comes out good (and it sounds like it might), I will buy this.

Liked the interview too, he sounds like a good guy.

9. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Ta :)

Because, uh, I'm pretty sure it isn't :p Unless MS live it as an extra purchase I spose, but the game's a year old now and they have to offer something for the PC version.

10. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

PREJUDICE!

11. capnPedro

capnPedro Hacker. Maker. Engineer.

Interesting stuff!

I've played a couple of hours of Gears (up through the dodging shadows section) Co-op on my mate's 360. Honestly, I loved it. This is definitely one of the games I'm looking forward to.

12. Silver Shamrock

Silver Shamrock What's a Dremel?

I'm really looking forward to this. I hope i can play it pretty much maxed @1440x900 as i don't really want to spend any more on my pc untill after xmas.

13. Kipman725

Kipman725 When did I get a custom title!?!

shame the xbox360 port nature means windows lockin... I suppose that was the long term stratagy of xbox to further the microsoft directx lockin.

14. aggies11

aggies11 What's a Dremel?

Played it a few weeks back at a Microsoft event. Looks frickin gorgeous. Didn't get to see any of the new content though :( The controls felt, "different". You can tell that the game was tuned for a gamepad. I still got my ass handed too me (singleplayer) as even with mouse precise aiming it doesn't really help that much. 3rd person with mouse + keyboard felt kinda cramped. Could just be we are used to m/k being 1st person.

The default controls will probably require tweaking to your like (separate buttons for cover and weapon sites doesn't feel quite as natural as it does on the gamepad). It was of course running on mammoth hardware so they wouldn't give any details of scalability (or how it looks on less than max detail ;) )

Aggies

15. MiT

MiT Don't feed me after midnight!! nom

Hookers and Blow!!

That i cant wait for. ;)

I have finished playing GOW, on the 360, and its one of them games, that you feel like playing again on the Hard level (if you haven't already), just because of the game play and story line. Excellent game

cant wait for number 2!

Tags: Add Tags