1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Sony targeting yo’ momma with the PS3?

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 23 Oct 2007.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

Sony definitely tried to aim at as many people as possible with the PS3... and failed due to pricing and arrogance. And lack of titles. But how long did it take the XBox360 to get several AAA titles? I can't remember. The Wii still doesn't really have any, but then it's a 'party' console. ;)

3. Duste

Duste Sierra my delta, bravo!

I personally like the pause before he said "better value".

4. sandys

sandys Multimodder

It took the 360 sometime, at this moment in time the PS3 is selling at the same sort of rate the 360 was at similar times from launch if this is to be believed.

This is with a higher price and competition on the market (the 360 had no competition for a year ) and not many of what people would call triple A titles or exclusives, its not doing too bad once some more titles drop its should do well.

5. cjoyce1980

cjoyce1980 What's a Dremel?

ask you parents if they believe the PS3 is a Games Console or a Home Entertainment Centre they will say the first., so way would they want everyone around the Console in the first place.

This sound like some nintendo style marketing to me, I'm guess your mum would rather pick up the Wii than the PS3, just because of the interactive control system in most games.

6. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

I cant see how it can appeal to mum's. Its too technical for them and women dont seem to care about great looking films or notice any difference in a HD film and a DVD.. They will jeust get cheap DVD's than a Blu-ray film.

I bet mums's and women dont even known or care that you can use the Ps3 as a computer and surf the web etc and that its more than a game console and movie player. But that ust the way it is.

7. sandys

sandys Multimodder

My missus has embraced the power of the Cell........to play sudoku :rolleyes: :lol:

8. Jordan Wise

Jordan Wise Baby called to see the boss...

lmao

9. devdevil85

devdevil85 What's a Dremel?

it's stupid comments by bigheads like this that are making the PS3 an easy target for humility....

10. Bluephoenix

Bluephoenix Spoon? What spoon?

I sense a lot of CYOA going on at Sony :hehe:

11. Carnival

Carnival Dremel a WHAT?!

Wow, thats got to be the most transparent attempt at a cover-up I've ever seen. He could just say "yeah we messed up, so heres a cheaper one." but no. Oh no. This PS3 is for your MUM. Not you.

I smell fail in the air.

Tags: Add Tags