1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Spore coming to the Wii

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 29 Oct 2007.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

This game's turning into another Duke Nukem: Forever tbh - WE WANT DATES WILL!

3. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

I think Will is too caught up in the thinking that a new generation of consoles has to have some type of major improvement, according to him we'd then only be on the second generation of consoles.

I can't wait for Spore, I've been following it for ages, I wish EA would stop pulling him off spore to do quick money making crap so he can finish it.

4. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

woo, the wii is the only machine other than the PC that I would be willing to play this on. I couldn't imagine having to use those flappy sticks or button combos just to click a button.

5. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

Can the Wii really render this game with enough detail?

6. g3n3tiX

g3n3tiX Minimodder

Going as it is, it's really going to be on the next-generation (post-wii !)
    Updates on progress would be nice.

7. D3s3rt_F0x

D3s3rt_F0x What's a Dremel?

Dont see much of spore tbh its probably going to end up being a bad game just from the amount of hype building up from it, and from the man that made the sims kind of says it all for me. The reference to crysis as well, well I've seen nothing new other than spangly graphics.

On another note Wii is crap end of its a gamcube in different packaging where instead of using a joystick to do the same monotonous movements you wave your arm about looking like an idiot doing the same monotonous movements, with games that are exactly the same as the ones on the N64 and gamecube.

8. iwog

iwog Linux cursed

old news, he's also releasing it on the DS, well a phase or two at least. And if you really wanna know the latest and greatest Spore related news check out hookedonspore.com

And the current ETA is 6 months so April hopefully

9. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

now lets play with this: "On another note PS3 is crap end of its a PS2 in different packaging where instead of using a vibrating gamepad to do the same monotonous movements you have a motion sensing gamepad you wave about looking like an idiot doing the same monotonous movements, with games that are exactly the same as the ones on the PS2 and PS."

or: "On another note XBOX360 is crap end of its a XBOX in different packaging where instead of using a game pad with a cord you use a battery consuming wireless gamepad, with games that are exactly the same as the ones on the XBOX."

if anything the PS3, Xbox360 and the wii have had a hardware change, a software change and an interface change.....
    the wii is about twice as powerful as the GC in terms of hardware, it has other hardware changes, as in networking and storage.

i am not saying that the wii is the best console, i am simply saying that saying that X = Y in a different packaging is not correct. :thumb:

10. knowyourenemy

knowyourenemy Professional Winner

Because, ya'know, the amount of logical fallacies some random twit makes really affects how awesome a game can be on release date.

11. wolff000

wolff000 I am here to steal your secrets.

I really wish this would drop all ready. I am beginning to think it's just some prank on gamers.

Since someone has already shown how silly this post was I won't harp to long. You say it's crap yet it's the number one selling console worldwide. It has also done something no other console could do, attract non-gamer types. Something the industry has tried for years and failed at. I don't own a wii but I do think they are really fun to play. It's great that anyone can play not just someone who has mastered the massive multi button controllers on other consoles.

Last edited: 29 Oct 2007
  12. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Of course it does :rolleyes:

The hype about a hyped up game being overly hyped up is almost as bad as over hyping the game in the first place.

13. Furymouse

Furymouse Like connect 4 in dagger terms

I would love to respond to that last post, but I think my brain just melted. I honestly havent heard anything about spore in months. Not saying that I have been eagerly seeking it out tho. But if its half as good as they say it is, I may just have to try it. Assuming of course that it comes out during my lifetime.

14. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

I had actually forgotten about spore up to this point. I'd like to see a release date. but like i did with black and white 2, im just going to forget about it for a while. until it comes out, if that ever happens.

15. Bladestorm

Bladestorm What's a Dremel?

I'm pretty sure I'l still buy it for my pc instead of my wii (I mean 1680*1050 vs oh 852*480 is it ?), but I would have to admit the wii is the only console I could likely stand to play it on if I had to pick a console :)

I think as far as the hype goes, almost all of what I've seen has been journalists coming out of previews and interviews and singing its praises, rather than will wright and his crew themselves really attempting to hype it up, which seems like a good sign to me.

16. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Will Wright doesn't need to hype the game, you just watch one of the many videos of him just explaining it a bit and you go bat**** crazy for it

17. devdevil85

devdevil85 What's a Dremel?

imagine the graphics...........ewwwwwwwwwwwww

18. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

The Wii is actually quite powerful, I think it would be able to handle it, especially at SD res.

19. devdevil85

devdevil85 What's a Dremel?

ewwwwwwwww:jawdrop:

20. iwog

iwog Linux cursed

Graphics arent everything otherwise the PS3 would be more popular than the Wii and 360 combined as it has the best graphics. They are nice and most people are shallow but if you've ever played uplink you'll know limited graphics can be just as fun as high end ones.

Tags: Add Tags