1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Orange Box for PS3 next month

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 19 Nov 2007.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Finsta

Finsta What's a Dremel?

This article is not accurate. What about Half-Life for the PS2?

3. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

I admit, I haven't played it. Haven't even played Episode 1 either, I'm actually one of those will of iron types who is holding out for Episode 3, and then playing them all in one go. Looking forward to that!

Might see if I can find someone who owns Portal though, Narboculer Drop was great fun.

On topic though, PS3 games always seem to come out after everyone else when left purely to developmental speed. I'm sure Sony would claim it's because their console is just so l33t, the most developers are just too overcome by it's awesomeness to carry out work on it's faultless systems.

I'd imagine developing for the PS3 is like taking on Shodan at noughts and crosses.

4. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Next time your over then.

5. themax

themax What's a Dremel?

Not really Baul. If Sony thought their system was so awesome that devs were overwhelmed they would not be making steps to help devs with their Edge kits. Not to mention Naughty Dog, Insonmniac, Ubisoft, and Infinity ward don't seem to have problems. I forget which dev it was (might have been Ubisoft or Epic) but they said that they have fully developed a platform they can build on now that makes porting between 360/PS3 quick and only at a cost of maybe 10%-20% more in budget.

6. devdevil85

devdevil85 What's a Dremel?

http://www.videogamer.com/news/07-11-2007-6830.html

I think it's a challenge, but if done correctly can be very rewarding for the developer to unlock it's potential....but for others they are probably not up to the challenge and would rather just call it "too much work"...which makes sense to some extent considering it takes more time/money to code for it....either way, not being a developer myself I can only say that time will tell given the amount of games that come out and at what qualities.....

Last edited: 19 Nov 2007
  7. willyolio

willyolio What's a Dremel?

with a much smaller userbase compared to the 360 or wii, i wouldn't use the word "rewarding." "interesting" or "a great achievement" maybe, but rewarding just doesn't work here. even if you do "unlock its potential," you can't make a game that appeals to everyone (or convince them to invest in a PS3).

i don't think anyone bought a PS2 because Final Fantasy XII looked brilliant and truly unlocked the PS2's potential.

8. devdevil85

devdevil85 What's a Dremel?

being only 1 year on the market, the PS3 (from what I've heard) is selling at the same or higher quantity than what the 360 did w/o any competition (correct me if I'm wrong).....and by "rewarding" I'm referring to developers being able to do things that (maybe) the 360 can't by unlocking its potential which would help sell more games because of that fact...and again I'm just going off of what I read in the article...and secondly people bought FFXII because it's a long-running, respectable game w/ a great storyline, great gameplay, etc. People were going to buy it regardless, just like Halo 3......either way you took the "rewarding" statement a little too literally....

9. Ariser

Ariser What's a Dremel?

Will there be keyboard and mouse support for ps3 version??

10. themax

themax What's a Dremel?

willyolio I beg to differ. Unless EA was lieing they have already said that the PS3's smaller user base isn't much of a problem on it. The latest Madden for EA only sold 25% less than the 360 did on the PS3. Given that Madden is one of EA's best selling titles year to year selling 75% of the what the 360 sales had is quite a feat given that the PS3 has half the installed base.

11. r4tch3t

r4tch3t hmmmm....

As usual EA are rushig things. Standing over devs with whips. "It will be out by the end of the year"

KB & M? If so I hope they haven't changed difficulty or put auto aim in.

Tags: Add Tags