1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming The Best Games You've Never Played

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Guest-16, 28 Dec 2007.

1. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Last edited by a moderator: 28 Dec 2007
  2. metarinka

metarinka What's a Dremel?

was it just me or is this list pretty much all RPG games? nothing wrong with that, but there's plenty of hidden gems in other genres

3. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Name them! :)

4. Zurechial

Zurechial Elitist

You make me happy, Joe. :)

5. HeXeN

HeXeN Straight from Hell

Joe ... i'm in heaven! I have played few of those games... and ... i have to say that they were great!! But as metarinka said there are lot of hidden gems also ...

good job! This article is essence of the year :?:>

6. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

Best game I ever played was Microsoft Windows Me! Hours of fun!
    The goal of the game is to make the system stable and fully functional at 100%. :D
    The only down side it's mini-games, they suck. Solitaire, come on! I never understood why Microsoft called it a similar name as their OS.

Seriously, this is a hard one... I really have to think about it, ouch, thinking hurts....
    I would say ChronoTrigger on the SNES.

7. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

RPGs tend to be the ones that fly under the radar, although there are games from other genres, RPGs tend to be in the majority when it comes to awesome games that don't get the attention they deserve.

Which platform is better for Beyond Good and Evil, PC or Xbox?

8. OmegaRed59

OmegaRed59 What's a Dremel?

I think I was the only person to run Windows ME and have zero problems.....

9. Woodstock

Woodstock So Say We All

complex puzzles thats putting it lightly, the puzzle that really had me stuck took me 5+ years to solve (that was the bobby machine), which one had you stuck for a year? Theres a couple there that i will defiantly try at some stage,

10. Cobalt

Cobalt What's a Dremel?

I'd put Hostile Waters: Anteus Rising on the list. An excellent blend of 3rd person vehicle shooter and strategy. Plot wasn't orginal but well presented and voiced. Graphics at the time were amazing. Interface is pretty slick and once you got used to giving out orders on the fly, co-ordinated assaults from three different directions become both devestating and satisfying. Simple resource managment made you think tactically without requiring micromanagement. Its also damned hard if you don't pay attention.

If only Rage hadn't gone under....

11. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

Great list Joe, all great games, all underappreciated. You're right about the Neverhood, it was a difficult game, but that was probably more to do with the fact you hadn't worked out how to save, so had to complete the entire game in one sitting.

But it was all worth it for the burp scene (go on, play it again for Hannah, lol)

Of those, the one that stands out for me (and probably always will) is Realms of the Haunting. Without a doubt the most geniunely terrifying game I have ever played, and you're spot on about the poor graphics adding to the tension; after a while you don't notice the blockiness, and thus your imagination fills in the gaps, making it even scarier. It's hard to explain what I mean, but in essence when I think back to the game now, I don't remember scene A or enemy B, I simply get a little chill at the bass of my spine and the hairs on my arms stand up. I would sincerly suggest if you've a spare evening, buy the game, turn out the lights, turn up the volume, lock the door and wet yourself silly.

12. Yemerich

Yemerich I can has PERSUADETRON?

Torment had the most incredible story ever told on RPG. If u wiki it, u'll see how wordefully written the game was.
    I used to say it would be a very good movie. That was b4 m00vies like Tomb Raider and the awfull Hitman (the fluffy noisy assassin). After those i thank god this game is too hard to make a movie from.

"
    Planescape: Torment is notable for the quality and quantity of textual dialogue it contains. It is estimated that the game's script contains around 800,000 words.[11] A review in the New York Times noted that, "The game's level of detail and its emotional impact have prompted some players to cast about for literary peers."
    " - taken from the wikipedia

I remember whe the "ever horny" floating skull "Morte" (wich means death btw) asked for a whore how much would she charge for a night and she answered "twice the price for such being". And your character ask him what would he do anyway... Very hilarious!

Do I have to tell that i am a HUGE fan of Planescape: Torment?

Neverhood was one other really fun and good game. Too hard sometimes too.

Condemned is a really good horror game! It makes FEAR look like "quackshot" or "super mario world". If u can play it with a good headphone, do so!

The part of the game that u are in the "Apple orchad" (or something like that) makes anyone have nightmares! If u like diferent games, do yourself a favor and go buy this one. You wont regret!

The other games that could be on that list are the two "Elviras". The mistress of darkness and jaws of the cerberus.
    Another great game was "the imortal" for the sega genesis. There was other platforms for it, but i can't remember the other ones.

Nice article Joe. Some good games are here :)

Last edited: 28 Dec 2007
  13. noobarino

noobarino What's a Dremel?

yoshi super mario on SNES was the best game ever.

the end

14. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Hardly little known though :p

Galactic Civilizations II is also an amazing game that hasn't seen a huge amount of success. The development team are amazing, I thought the game was great when I first played it, but huge content patches and expansion packs completely changed the game and made it even better. I'm amazed at how much they did with the patches, they released game upgrades you'd expect from an MMO, not a single player TBS.

15. Joeymac

Joeymac What's a Dremel?

I got Psychonauts on the Xbox Originals today.. played it most of the afternoon. It's pretty fun so far. It's 5+ gigs though.. takes up most of the hard drive.

16. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Cheaper to buy the original Xbox games off Amazon Marketplace or Ebay to be honest.

But armed and dangerous (despite its flaws with 360 backwards compatibility) is one of the funniest games I've ever played! Seriously, if you've never played it and you like British humour then you'll love it too!

One of the best games I can remember is an old point and click game based around medievel times, I think it was about Robin Hood but I can't 100% remember!

Last edited: 28 Dec 2007
  17. scq

scq What's a Dremel?

It was in the picture but not the list, but one of my all time favorites that never quite sold was the No One Lives Forever series.

18. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

It was on the last page of the list as a side note.

NOLF1 with the soundtrack I still play to this day, NOLF2 was good too, but nowhere near as good as 1

19. legoman666

legoman666 Beat to fit, paint to match.

I loved Beyond Good and Evil.

20. Tired_

Tired_ What's a Dremel?

Maybe I'm showing my age, but one game I loved and still love is Mines Of Titan (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mines_of_Titan). IT was fun to play, easy to learn, and had a nifty little story. It's too bad it wasn't more popular, cuz it'd be a great candidate for a modern 3d remake.

Tags: Add Tags