1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Google pins hopes on whitespace

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 25 Mar 2008.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Hum, Google TV anyone?
    If they could take on the might that is Sky here in the UK, it could bring the costs of Digital TV down, and maybe, just maybe, there could be a dedicated channel or 2 channels devoted to Ad's only so other channels like DAVE won't put ad's in the middle of Top Gear etc

If it's mobiles only, then it may reduce WAP/GPRS data connection prices down?

My two nice ideas.

Sam

3. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

I doubt anyone will sit and watch hundreds of adverts in a row.

4. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

The 'whitespace' has three possible uses: HD TV, improved Mobile services, or wireless Internet access. Unfortunately for Google, most governments are leaning towards HD TV, which to be honest I'm leaning towards as well. Streaming HD TV is a bugger for any technology, I think it requires the extra frequencies for simple operation more than the other two do.

5. devdevil85

devdevil85 What's a Dremel?

considering how much I hate wires, I would love for wireless to surpass wired connections...especially to the desktop...as long as they're secure, as well....no more having to have cable companies individually tear up your yard and make a big deal out of switching....now that would be nice...

6. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

This would be great for the USA as 56% of the population cant get high speed internet so this would at least give them options faster then dial up and in some cases faster then dsl or cable so I for am looking forward to this.

Tags: Add Tags