1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Crisis Core: Interviewing Yoshinori Kitase

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 26 Apr 2008.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. Jordan Wise

Jordan Wise Baby called to see the boss...

a good read, i hope they do get round to doing a remake

3. mrb_no1

mrb_no1 Pie Eater

i played the first final fantasy on the ps1 and loved it, then never played the game again and christ they are making 13, collectively theres 500 hours of gaming just to complete the next 5 before 13 comes out if they are anything like #7. I'm definitely interested in this prequel, did i miss something or is it just on psp?

peace

fatman

4. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Just PSP I'm afraid.

5. BlackMage23

BlackMage23 RPG Loving Freak

Give it some time and it will probably pop up on another format.

6. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

It's already had a year on PSP in Japan...

7. UncertainGod

UncertainGod Minimodder

It is a suprisingly good game but I'm a bit disappointed with these later FF games as they seem obsessed with taken the gaming out of the story and making everything 'random'.

8. r4tch3t

r4tch3t hmmmm....

If they make a remake of VII then I will get all of them, including a PSP to play it on.

9. Nature

Nature Minimodder

Brittain and Japan: Two aggressive, perverted, and angry island countries.

I wonder if this follows the be a better gamer ed-i-kit.

10. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Sounds like they really want to do an FFVII remake and that it's more a matter of 'when' rather than 'if'. I'm still undecided as to whether that would be a good thing, as I think some of the more recent games in the series just haven't lived up to anywhere near the standard. I quite enjoyed the game mechanics of X-2 and XII for example, but the story seemed a bit side-lined. I probably felt the same with IX too, but I got bored with it half-way through and never bothered to finish (still haven't finished XII either, but I at least found that fairly interesting).

Friend of mine said that Crisis Core was pretty lame from what he'd played of it so far. Doesn't matter to me as I don't own a PSP and have no intent of getting one just to play this game which is what would happen.

11. pendragon

pendragon I pickle they

too bad this is only for the PSP :-/ I was almost excited for a minute there.

12. AngelOfRage

AngelOfRage Minimodder

I've been playing this recently (thank goodness no region coding on PSP games) and really got into it. Although once you go outside the main story to loads of side missions, they all pretty much amount to the same thing and get repetative very quickly. While the materia and items provide a certain lvl of fiddling to make you better, the randomness of the summons, etc can be annoying. It looks pretty good though on the small PSP screen and the sound/music is also really good. Worth getting if you own a PSP.

13. Thacrudd

Thacrudd Where's the any key?!?

I picked this one up because I loved FF7. I was not disappointed in the very least. It really fills in a part of the story that needed more attention. It plays really well and is pretty straight foreward. If you have a PSP and enjoyed FF7, it is a must have. To be honest, if you hadn't ever played the 1st one, this would be just as good and you would prolly want to play the 1st one afterwords! It also looks really well for being on the PSP, both the cutscenes and the in game graphics.

Tags: Add Tags