1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Prince of Persia to star new female character

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 30 May 2008.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I'll be interested to see how this plays, I mean, the rewinding time thing seemed to be the whole.. PoP gimmick.

Has that gimmick been replaced by female eye-candy this time around or something?

3. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Sands of Time was amazing. Warrior Within put me right off with the savegame bug, which kicked in not too far into the game. I also skipped Two Thrones* because I wanted to play through WW first. Hopefully this'll regain my faith in the series.

*Ta :)

Last edited: 30 May 2008
  4. CardJoe

Two Thrones really disappointed me. The bosses were annoying and the game just didn't have any character of it's own. WW was pretty good and I really liked how long and replayable to game was, plus the story was pretty gripping. Sands of Time was really good too and I LOVE the story to that, but the arena-like battles ruined it IMHO.

5. Mentai

Mentai What's a Dremel?

I saw in a video interview on gametrailers that the combat in this is "more like soul calibre than god of war". So each battle feels intense like a boss one. It'll be interesting to see how that turns out. Could be really good if they don't have heaps of enemies everywhere. Endless combat gets old quickly, like the end of assasins creed, ug.
    I'm really looking forward to this, it kinda reminds me of zelda with the adventure and the bosses/cliche of a storyline, which is a good thing. Not enough games like it available on PC. Capcom release RE4 and DMC4 on PC, but where's the okami love? D:

6. WildThing

WildThing Minimodder

QFT

Yeah that was the main thing that annoyed me about Sands of Time, enemies spawning all the time, and then on the last one you die. Very frustrating! Never played the sequels though, should be able to pick those pretty cheap now I imagine.

7. kenco_uk

I'd suggest against Warrior Within for the PC. The savegame bug is incredibly disheartening when it happens and afaik, no patch has ever been released. Get it on a console.

edit - in fact, there's a crapload of bugs in WW.

8. CardJoe

Really? I've played it through literally a half dozen times on multiple machines and never had any trouble whatsoever. I'd heard about the Wraith glitch, but never experienced it or known anyone who had.

9. kenco_uk

I kept getting the Wraith savegame bug. Absolute pain in the derriere. Enough to make me give up.

I can only hope they playtest this new one to death.

10. jazzman831

jazzman831 What's a Dremel?

I've said it before and I'll say it again. This is not a Prince of Persia game. I absolutely loved all of the games (even TT), I loved the atmosphere, the gameplay, the "gimick", and even the prince. This has none of those, sooooooo...

As for errors, I didn't have any glitches with any of hte games. I only played the first on on PS2, though. WW was definitely my favorite; I really loved the darkness (especially in contract to the Disney-esque atmosphere of the first) and the new combat system was SO AWESOME when combined with the heavy metal music.

11. Mentai

Mentai What's a Dremel?

I got the WW with my 7600GT and never installed it... it had bad reviews and I lost my save file of being 3/4 of the way through the first game. You make it sound cool though, damn.

12. dr-strangelove

dr-strangelove What's a Dremel?

Sands of Time was an absolute masterpiece of a game that's still enjoyable despite the old graphics, didn't like Warior Within but Two Thrones kind of made up for it, especially with his alter-ego's voice inside his head.

I think revisiting the franchise for Ubisoft is a bad move cos there's no way they can equal Sands of Time and to be honest with the way games are going these days I doubt the puzzles will even make us stop to think, or else there'll be a 'helpful' NPC holding your hand through them which will just ruin the game.

Tags: Add Tags