1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Gigabyte v. Asus - it's all over

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 2 Jun 2008.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Awwww, I was hoping for more drama.

Ahwell. Can't hurt to possibly get better power management out of it I guess.

3. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

Its a big publicity stunt. The best publicity is bad publicity and now the whole world knows even more about Gigabyte and Asus and even fanboys of both camps are getting into it also. and now the free publicity campaign is over.

4. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

agree. hope Abit does something similar to get some attention.

5. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

They could invite MSI to tour their facilities, and flush their heads down the toilet for a few hours.

That'd probably make the news :B

6. Cupboard

Cupboard I'm not a modder.

Interesting to see that Gigabyte's (R) symbols isn't colour coordinated but Asus' is
    Woohoo! I have dropped to the level of the people that started this argument in the first place.

7. Phil Rhodes

Phil Rhodes Hypernobber

Much as the original matter was petty and ridiculous it's refreshing to see this sort of thing NOT become a huge, drawn-out legal battle. Such things are inevitably even less dignified than the incidents which prompt them and those involved come out of this looking better for its avoidance.

That said, I'm sure Asus says equally unpleasant things about Gigabyte behind closed doors - the only sin here was publicity.

8. devdevil85

devdevil85 What's a Dremel?

Awwww why not just let the CEO's duke it out?

9. Ninja_182

Ninja_182 Enginerd!

Public apologies are cop outs.

MSI should bring the pain!

Im not feeling that mature mind.

10. freedom810

freedom810 Minimodder

With knives and nothing else.

11. johnnyboy700

johnnyboy700 Minimodder

What started out as a potentially intense cat fight has turned out to be nothing more than a kitten fight.

However I'm glad to see that somebody somewhere had the conviction to stand up and say enough, this stops now whatever it takes. Sound like a sensible and mature head issued a directive to end this nonsense and it must have come from fairly high up to get such a rapid response. Common sense finally makes an all too rare appearance.

12. airchie

airchie What's a Dremel?

Could we at least give them loin cloths as well??
    A knife fight is fine but don't fancy watching them cross swords too if you know what I mean? ;)

13. Arkanrais

Arkanrais What's a Dremel?

I blame the whole conundrum on online FPS games. no doubt the comments were made while a CEO at GB was on call of duty 4 or something, facing off against a hoard of angry 15 year olds, swearing and screaming into their headsets. someone would have walked in half way through a match and mention asus "Asus? **** those **** ******* ************** **** ********* !!!!!!!!11oneeleventy1#%@#!^%"

happy its over., though disappointed they didn't get top the 'your mama' insults.

14. googple

googple What's a Dremel?

ASUS is a little innocent, I think, the war is brought by Gigabyte, ASUS just respond for that to vindicate himseif.
    One side testing data whether from Gigabyte or ASUS is not believed by everone. It is not advisable for ASUS to show his testing data directly. Testing from a third independent party is expected.

Tags: Add Tags