1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News iPhone App Store details revealed

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 10 Jul 2008.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. p3n

p3n What's a Dremel?

Looking forward to the app store, shame I won't be getting one of the first 3g's (missed out online, not stupid enough to waste my time at a shop) ... we shall see!

3. Timmy_the_tortoise

Timmy_the_tortoise International Man of Awesome

I don't even know why they ever wasted anyone's time by releasing a non-3G phone...

That was a really stupid thing to do, and it's taken them a year to sort it out..

4. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Downloaded, installed, woot. Of course I'm doing this over VNC to my home machine so I can't really test anything, but the 2.0 software isn't out yet so it doesn't matter. Seven pages of freebies, including a few that I recognize from the jailbreak apps. The oft-rumored iPhone iTunes Remote exists (and is free), as well as AIM, Facebook, and a slew of Twitter clients. Plus I also grabbed the Salesforce app as I use it at work (mostly for testing it out really; work gets a presence on my phone when they start paying the bill). And Pandora Radio on the iPhone = win. Also free. Not sure how the logistics of that will work out, as most of Pandora's mobile services are paid.

5. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

I wish WinMo had such a dedicated developer-base and a central app store. :sigh: So much of this iPhone stuff looks so good, but there's a lot of software I've got right now that I know I'd never be able to get for the iPhone. That said, maybe sometime in the near future I'll find myself developing for it as it seems like a decent enough platform to code for, and certainly popular enough.

6. Solidus

Solidus Superhuman

Il be buying one tomorow! :D

Will be popping into town first thing to nab me one!

7. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

With regards the Pandora application, Victoria Briggs from the MCPS-PRS alliance contacted me via e-mail to say:
    I offer her comments verbatim by way of right-to-reply. I would, however, note that they jar somewhat with the comments offered by Tim Westergren back in January who stated that his company had "been told to sign these totally unworkable license rates or switch off, non-negotiable" by the MCPS-PRS, which certainly sounds like he thought the restrictions imposed were onerous.

Tags: Add Tags