1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Splinter Cell: Conviction delayed

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 25 Jul 2008.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

I quite enjoyed the earlier ones, but they do seem to be moving away from what originally seemed to be the whole point of the Splinter Cell games. Maybe you're right; they've realised this and are trying to fix it.

3. cjoyce1980

cjoyce1980 What's a Dremel?

i'm just hoping that this game should be well rounded and polished by the time its released

4. Paradigm Shifter

Polished?

Isn't that what patches are for? :hehe:

5. r4tch3t

r4tch3t hmmmm....

Never played a splinter cell before, Metal gear is much more to my liking from what I have seen.

6. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

forgive me for being dumb, but how does it affect a company if a game is released in a different fiscal year?

7. r4tch3t

r4tch3t hmmmm....

It means that all the profit from the game is in that year instead of being split over two years. This makes it more attractive to the shareholders.

8. zimbloggy

zimbloggy Genius Extraordinaire

I liked the idea of them changing game concepts to 'Sam Fisher the Hobo fights with bins'

The point was that they were still keeping the game about stealth- just stealth in a different way. You would be hiding in crowds instead of shadows.

I guess people won't be happy until they redo the same old game concept over and over until people get so sick of it that they decide to play a game like unreal tournament.

9. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

It's all very well saying "stealth in a different way", but the pinnacle of the series was the tactical stealth of the 1st/2nd/3rd, rather than the last game, which sucked. Alright, it might work, but we don't want that to be the only mechanic in the whole game.

10. pcgamez

pcgamez If only...

Hmm, quite frustrating they haven't release a splinter cell since 2005

11. glaeken

glaeken Freeeeeeeze! I'm a cawp!

I kind of liked the new direction that the game was taking. After playing the disasterous pos that was Double Agent, I was happy to see a new direction. But if they can bring back all the elements that made the original and Chaos Theory such good games, I guess I won't mind.

12. Timmy_the_tortoise

Timmy_the_tortoise International Man of Awesome

The series fell as soon as they tried a sequel. The original Splinter Cell was great.. They should've left it at that.

13. Paradigm Shifter

I dunno, I liked some of the things they added to Pandora Tomorrow and Chaos Theory. Or I did at the time... I'm having trouble remembering exactly what things they added. :blush:

Tags: Add Tags