1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Cooler Master Silent Pro 700W

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Guest-16, 12 Aug 2008.

1. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

2. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

Coolermaster don't make the best PSUs out there but you can't fault them on price. I bought my M620 simply because the alternative was paying a good £20-30 more for the HX620 for very similar performance.

3. bogie170

bogie170 What's a Dremel?

I have this power supply and the only fault I can find on it is the rubber surround. It could have been integrated into it much better.
    Other than than this power supply is so quiet you cannot hear it.
    I would give this 9.5 / 10
    I purchased it from yoytech as no one else had it in stock.

4. Jasio

Jasio Made in Canada

Dear Cooler Master,

Thank-you for finally getting onto the single 12V rail bandwagon. Remember, quality over quantity (or fancy-pants names).

It's about time.

-- Yours Truly,
    -- The World

5. zoot2boot

zoot2boot What's a Dremel?

i think more important than whether a power supply is silent or not is whether the cooling solution is sufficent or not. anyone can slap a low speed fan into a power supply and call it silent, and it is. but it's not much of an achievement when it silently cooks itself to death and releases some very non silent blue sparks. maybe you guys should be looking at this as well with some impressions as to how well its cooling itself and some exhaust temperatures. that would make the call of silent meaningful or not.

6. bogie170

bogie170 What's a Dremel?

Well I have it in a small Silverstone SG03 case and the heat coming from the back is very low. It runs well and is much cooler, quieter and easier to install due to the cabling than my enermax infinity 720w.

7. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Ok, why would you want a CD in the first place, surely, if your building a PC, you would have already installed the PSU into your pc, before even wanting to look at the contents of a CD provided by your PSU brand.

Sam

8. mp3manager

mp3manager What's a Dremel?

Just bought this, mainly on the strength of this review. Only had it two days but it seems very quiet and as for the rubber-thingies, i have it installed in an Antec P182, which has it's own rubber-lined anti-vibration cage, so the rubber-thingies are pretty much redundant anyway.

9. tonschk

tonschk Minimodder

Overall i think is excellent single rail , 140mm fan . small size , I dont agree with the fact is a modular PSU , i preffer not modular PSU due to many reasons , and is not true the common idea that the modular PSU are better due to less cable clutter because actually the true is the opposite ,

Tags: Add Tags