1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Hiper Osiris

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 1 Sep 2008.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

I think it looks very nice. As you stated it's a shame about the side panel having no lock and having both plexi and mesh on the window. The plexi and mesh does make a nice effect however. I really like the drive bays, makes the whole construction look like a giant heatsink.

3. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Link to the Akasa-review in the intro is dead?

4. Tim S

Tim S OG

:worried:

5. Baz

Baz I work for Corsair

links work here

6. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

If it does not collect finger prints then why does the front on shot look like its covered in marks, possibly originating from fingers? :p

7. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

It's terrible that they provide no spare covers for the stealthed CD drive cover. This must be a secret deal with Matsushita or Pioneer in an attempt to sell more CD/DVD drives! Not really, but it's still a bad decision on their part.

8. Baz

Baz I work for Corsair

If there are any marks, they're very minor and easily wiped off, unlike most aluminium cases where we usually have to use thermal grease remover to keep them clean.

9. Ninja_182

Ninja_182 Enginerd!

Would have been nice for it to be a little bit taller and have an extra holes in the top to fit a 2 x 120 radiator, I don't use the ones in my case but its nice to know they are there in case i want one.

6063 is also well suited to lawn furniture and window frames. They should drop the manly "military grade" thing and go for "patio table grade aluminum" it is nice however to see companies using quality materials.

10. Neoki

Neoki Minimodder

Hello, just noticed that there are sited doing it slightly cheaper then the ebuyer price, how comes they are chosen over the cheaper sites such as tekheads.

11. zr_ox

zr_ox Whooolapoook

I always love the BT case reviews and this one is no exception.

Very nice case for the cash, if it had a removable MB tray however it would be a real winner for me.

Personally I dont see is why the fingerprintability of cases is even a criteria for reviewing cases? Regardless of the case, whether it's plastic or metal your not going to be able to avoid it. Surley finger print's all over a case say's more in favour of than against - case fondlage is unavoidable.

And anyway most of us have our computers under a desk, if you can see a few finger print's it's not even an issue. If one of my mates said "Check out all of the finger prints on your computer" I'd be thinking he was the evil twin of Monica from Friends!

12. Baz

Baz I work for Corsair

ebuyer have it silver, and in stock.

13. ChaosDefinesOrder

ChaosDefinesOrder Vapourmodder

does it come in black?

14. Baz

Baz I work for Corsair

yep

15. Neoki

Neoki Minimodder

at the time of the review they did have the product in stock as i was about to buy the item. I didnt however due to me wanting a game for my ps3 :p:p getting carried away with it.

16. ChaosDefinesOrder

ChaosDefinesOrder Vapourmodder

bah, I did read the review but didn't see that bit!

17. tonschk

tonschk Minimodder

I was choosing between this Hiper Osiris and the Coolermaster CM590 , finally took the CM590 because the CM590 have already made two places on the roof to install two 140mm fans ( the Hiper Osiris have just one 120mm on the roof ), the motherboard tray looks stronger in the CM590 , the CM590 ( Stacker stile ) offer the possibility to choose wherever you want to install the optical DVD along the whole nine Front 5.25 Bays , and the CM590 have useful vents ready made under the CPU mobo to allow some fresh air to flow under the Mobo

Last edited: 2 Sep 2008
  18. Otto69

Otto69 What's a Dremel?

Material aside, it reminds me of a corner cutting copy of the Antec P182.

19. Stamp

Stamp What's a Dremel?

Bought an Osiris for my I7 board (920 processor). Removable MOB tray would be nice, but it's not necessary. I have a DVD/CDRW and BlueRay in this puppy, a Noctua NH-U12P SE1366 Quiet CPU Cooler, and two hard drives. Mod cables on the PSU help but cable management isn't too tough. I like a case that doesn't vibrate a lot. I replaced the stock fans with Noctuas and they help with noise and cooling. This isn't a smash-up full tower, but it does the trick for a pretty high-end system. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Stamp

Tags: Add Tags