1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News MS: Four more Halo games in development

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Jamie, 17 Sep 2008.

1. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

2. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

So MS aren't milking that franchise for all they're worth... ;)

Still, if the games are good there's no problem. :)

3. Hamish

Hamish What's a Dremel?

well the first 3 werent so not much hope of that :p

/me runs

4. icutebluezone

icutebluezone The meaning of life is to MOD

I had 1 and 2 finished both like them and them got part 3 and to be honest a got bored and didnt really get into it much but did finish the game. dont think i would worry about the others Just wish thay would bring more games out like forza motersport. real life sims. Love that game.

5. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

We don't need any more Halo games, Halo wars is ok, as it's a new step into RTS, although, it should still be on PC over the 360, but meh, who's gonna listen to the fans? Halo 3 will come out on PC, it happened for the other 2, so i see no reason for it not too either, so that's another title, so only 1 more to think off, heh.

Sam

6. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

Not owning a Microsoft console, I've not played Halo 2 or 3. The original Halo I found fairly uninspiring and generic, but with almost-endlessly-repeating areas that got on my nerves fairly quickly. Still, Halo Wars could be good... I think I'll always favour an RTS or RPG over any FPS. :)

7. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Mmmm, franchise rape.

Hello, flooded market, are you bombing yet?

8. BlackMage23

BlackMage23 RPG Loving Freak

Mouse and keyboard on 360 would make those games better

9. Cadillac Ferd

Cadillac Ferd What's a Dremel?

I think people are over thinking this, just because they have 3 teams working on Halo stuff doesn't necessarily mean they have z0mg FOuR HAlO GAMES COMING Z0MGWTFBBQSAUCE.

Besides it sounds like they're trying to expand the Halo franchise to different genres and it definitely sounds like each project that's been discussed has been in completely different stages of development. It's not like we're going to wake up one morning and find 4 new Halo FPS's all released at once.

The Halo Universe (as much as most people loathe admitting it) is pretty deep, and there's plenty of room for games outside of the adventures of one human soldier and his holographic sidekick.

10. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Co-op and really well done vehicles is what made Halo fun. I only played through the single player a couple of times on my own, but I repeated my favourite vehicle sections over and over with my brother, it was great fun.

I did hear that Bungie's next game would be set in the Halo universe but it wouldn't be following MC.

11. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

oh ffs not more of this drivvel

12. TreeDude

TreeDude What's a Dremel?

The original Halo was repetitive, but I must admit I did not get bored of it at all. The AI was good enough that it did not feel dull and I really enjoyed the story. Halo 2 was ok. But man they ruined the storyline. The original was a simple and fairly interesting storyline with cut scenes that were only as long as they needed to be. Halo 2 I actually got bored of sitting through all those cut scenes and really stopped caring about the story by the end.

I don't have a 360 yet so I cannot comment on Halo 3's single player. The multi is great though. Loads of fun at LANs.

13. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

I thought Halo 3's campaign was much better than 2's. 2 I only played through once, but I was a little miffed that it was meant to be a massive fight on earth, but turned out to be for less than half of the game.

The problem with Halo 2 I think was generally better than Halo, but there weren't any good high points in the campaign.

14. UrbanMarine

UrbanMarine Government Prostitute

NOOOOOOOO 4 more games I won't buy because the already suck and they're not even made.

15. rhuitron

rhuitron Bump? What Bump?

BlackMage23

Wouldn't that make it similar to a shiny new.....PC?

In that case. Yes! please do make Halo for pc. God knows we have the hardware for it!

16. Bionic-Blob

Bionic-Blob What's a Dremel?

apparently MS doesn't though

17. Jojii

Jojii hardware freak

+1

18. Lepermessiah

Lepermessiah What's a Dremel?

Milk that frachise that is already not as good as many other shooters around, geez, console gamers will buy anything.

19. War-Rasta

War-Rasta What's a Dremel?

My thoughts exactly. I bought the first 3 novels just out of pure fanbyoism, I admit that, but then I read them and they turned out to be a lot better than I expected giving you a new perspective and a whole lot of details not mentioned in the games and it made me realize that there's a whole lot more to the Halo universe than Master Chief and Cortana.

I really believe they could make a whole lot of other stuff with this.

20. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

+1

Again, a great idea. Halo Wars is going along with that... The Chief's story is pretty much over. He's kinda floating along in space, in a deep sleep at the moment. I would love to play a Halo game set in the time before the Spartans got their Mjolnir armor, before the Covenant showed up.

You should buy the rest of the novels, the only good one of the first three was The Fall of Reach, in my opinion. Ghosts of Onyx and Contact Harvest were far better than The Flood and First Strike... Even the comic book was good.

How about we follow another character for a while? The Forerunners vs. The Flood would be interesting, IMO.

Tags: Add Tags