News Spore de-authorisation tool released

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 18 Dec 2008.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. WildThing

WildThing Minimodder

So all this time people playing Far Cry 2 with widescreen monitors have had this bug??!! Can't believe they have only just released a fix!

3. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

And was there any point in including the DRM in Spore in the first place?

*checks piracy figures*

No.

It's the same thing that happened in Bioshock, the widescreen view is a vertically reduced version of the 4:3 view. It's not a bug per say, just a developer's choice, but unfortunatly one that a lot of people don't agree with. I happen to agree. You have normal monitors and widescreens, not tall screens and normal ones. Widescreens should have wide viewing angles.

4. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

But bad day for European Steam customers (except UK).

5. karx11erx

karx11erx What's a Dremel?

And you still can't user proper wide screen in FC2 multiplayer! Now why is that? In order not to put 4:3 screen users at a disadvantage? So they happily put the widescreen owners at a disadvantage. In my book the people responsible for FC2 are the most incapable, dumbest, moronic failures I have ever seen.

"Designer's choice"? I have a bigger screen and get to see less? Designer my ass!

If you follow this logic you'd need to add code to hamper mouse control from hires mouses, etc. etc. etc.

6. scarrmrcc

scarrmrcc What's a Dremel?

what makes you say you have a bigger screen?

widescreen is NOT a regular screen with screen added to the sides
    it is a different format (and square inches to diagonal, it is actually smaller)

7. Drexial

Drexial Minimodder

My 21" has a resolution of 1680x1050 a standard 17or19" has 1280x1024. Games don't care about size they care about resolution. which means on my monitor i can see more when scaled like a normal game. vs FC2/Bioshock, where I wouldn't be able to see the top and bottom fragments of the screen.

Tags: Add Tags