1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News More Left 4 Dead coming soon

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 6 Feb 2009.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

Can't wait, i'm really looking forward to what the modders can do when they get the sdk.

3. badders

badders Neuken in de Keuken

I think the new Versus maps will be Dead Air and Death Toll - I was playing Blood Harvest a few moments ago ;)
    Interested to see what survivor mode is though!
    There's no bad news in this article!

4. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

Valve needs to finish rolling out weapon updates for TF2 before they go crazy on Left4Dead...

5. Mentai

Mentai What's a Dremel?

As much as I love L4D the extra vs maps should have been in the retail package. Being that the maps are already made, porting them to vs mode isn't anything to write home about. It's also hard to be excited about a new mode with zero details. If it's surviving wave after wave it could get boring, that's essentially a finale that doesn't end, and the finale is already the most boring part of the game (it's the one time the AI is idle, no variation). And then the shoddy press release that implies there will be a cost, then they later say it MIGHT be free. Why keep that in the dark? Overall, quite unimpressed with Valve after this piece of news :(

They're two separate teams within Valve, they can do both at once. The TF2 team only helped out pushing the game into release, scout update should be sometime in the next couple of weeks.

6. Vode

Vode What's a Dremel?

Yeah, and Blizzard need to stop with that WoW thing until I get my Diablo 3 fix. ;)

7. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

i love Valve!!!

8. Jenny_Y8S

Jenny_Y8S Guest

Because I'm sure they don't have a single person dedicated to one game!

9. Goty

Goty Minimodder

I can see Dead Air being fun, but I'm not too sure about Death Toll. No Mercy is certainly much better than Blood harvest, and it's a similar kind of comparison. It's simply much harder to create an effective ambush outside.

10. Cadillac Ferd

Cadillac Ferd What's a Dremel?

Great game but I've gotten pretty bored with it, new levels would be awesome.

11. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

TF2 was a pretty polished game on release and the additional content was a bonus, but they're dragging their heels finishing off the rest of the class updates. I hope that this whole release a game with a few maps / campaigns whatever will tire pretty soon.

Just look at BF 1943, it's gonna come with 3 maps!! and only god knows how long before you'll see more... and possibly at further cost.

I'm not comparing Valve to EA... hell no, but I remember a day when games used to be complete when bought them?

12. frontline

frontline Punish Your Machine

Come on Valve, it's DoD source's turn for some updated content and fixes! :)

13. Omnituens

Omnituens What's a Dremel?

I think valve are going to charge for it - what with them bringing out a critics choice version of the game with the survivial pack in it.

14. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

no new levels bah, got really excited when i first read the news heading

ah well a few new things to play with and im sure the mods will rock

15. lewchenko

lewchenko Minimodder

What this game really needs is new campaign chapters, new zombie bosses,new weapons and new characters to play.

Im not that impressed with the new content announcement. VS mode is OK.. but not as much fun as working through a campaign with your mates on Advanced mode.

16. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

Wow, quoted three times. I didn't expect completely separate teams for the two games, so I guess that it'll be just fine. It's mostly because I wasn't very impressed with L4D compared to TF2.

17. eeevan

eeevan Dremel Master

=sdk

18. badders

badders Neuken in de Keuken

Agreed, the SDK will really open it up.

Weren't there supposed to be more weapons though? As I recall, both Tier 1 and Tier 2 Weapons were available in the Demo, yet the screens at the end of the Demo mentions new maps and new weapons.

Or am I missing something?

19. 1ad7

1ad7 What's a Dremel?

the "weapons" are all there its like 16 or so but It appears they count single pistol as 1 and double pistol as another stuff like that plus the bombs etc... they kinda tricked us on that it seems either way the game ROCKS i didn't even know a SDK or a update was coming.... first valve game for me :) love it so much.

20. aron311

aron311 What's a Dremel?

I do wish they wouldn't keep releasing unfinished games.

Tags: Add Tags