1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Adobe Acrobat suffers JavaScript flaw

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 23 Feb 2009.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. rakeshb03

rakeshb03 What's a Dremel?

if i have to make a choice for only reading a PDF file i always prefer to use Foxit Reader as it is very handy but to edit and create a new one i use Adobe Acorbat. Though the risk is seems to be very minimal but as for precaution I will turnoff Javascript option.

my weblog
    http://advancetechnology.today.com

3. Nicb

Nicb Let's discuss among ourselves

I use Foxit Reader as well and creating PDFs I use PDFCreator. I used Adobe up to ver.7 Pro. But its so bloated taking up 2gs I think,... at least over 1g. When you have programs the size of a few mb that get the job done....... What are you going to do? Simplify. I found it just easier in life to beef up security as best you know how, but more importantly use great freeware that the majority don't use and are less common to be attacked.

4. nitrous9200

nitrous9200 What's a Dremel?

When we do OS reinstalls for customers, we install Adobe Reader (I install the unofficial Lite version, which loads a lot faster and doesn't install all of the other included apps) but I use Foxit on all of my systems: it does the same simple task while using many times less disk space. Foxit's other PDF creation apps are also ridiculously cheap. As a matter of fact, I was looking at the prices for the new CS4 apps...god they're expensive!

Tags: Add Tags