1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Valve announces server scoring for TF2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Guest-16, 13 Mar 2009.

1. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

2. UrbanMarine

UrbanMarine Government Prostitute

I've never really had a hard time finding a good server. I just hate when "All talk" is on and people yammer on about their problems.

3. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

I play mostly in PC Gamer or Trigger Happy Gamers as they have good map rotations and their admins aren't anally retentive bottom feeders.

Seems like a good idea though.

4. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

I play on our own servers USRF :)

5. Nicb

Nicb Let's discuss among ourselves

I already have my favorite servers. I think the new system is flawed but I might be wrong.

I only talk when I need to, maybe some dry humor here and there. One night there was a girl on and she was there just to talk about her issues and get attention. There was no way she could be playing well and talking nonstop. Worst night on a fav server.

6. Darkefire

Darkefire What's a Dremel?

That's why they gave us the option to mute individual players. Somebody's being an annoying attention whore, the only people who'll hear him are the ones that want to listen.

I generally don't have too hard of a time finding a decent server to play on. It's mostly just the ones that have a billion flashy mods and gameplay that centers around being an asshat that drive me away quickly.

7. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

How about better sorting of L4D servers...

8. Sparrowhawk

Sparrowhawk Wetsander

I like. This seems to be an interesting answer to the servers that sit empty, falsly advertising like 28/32 players. :wallbash: I join, find it empty, and leave within a minute usually. Meaning they are now fifteen points less. :thumb:

9. ashchap

ashchap Minimodder

Sounds like a really good idea to me. Nothing I hate more than joining a server that says it's almost full, spending five minutes downloading the custom map and then realising it's actually empty!

10. ZERO <ibis>

ZERO <ibis> Minimodder

This will likely help kill off small community servers, leaving only the large mega fest ones left. Basically this is a great system for anyone that currently has servers that already are popular but in the future people will not be able to start their own servers because they will never be able to build up popularity for it. If the point is just to ensure that a quality server is being provided why not just tell users the servers uptime...

11. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

there go all of the achievement servers, nobody stays for more than ten minutes or so..

12. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

Shame.

/sarcasm

Tags: Add Tags