1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Sony to launch PSP app store

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 15 Jul 2009.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

url link missing a ]

3. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Won't work. Anyone can make an iTouch App. That's why there's an app for any and everything. Are they just blind or living under a rock or something?

4. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

Sony seem to have lost their spirit when it comes to trying new things. You can't innovate by copying someone else's work. :(

5. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

This is.....

To little to late to say the least.

6. I-E-D

I-E-D Minimodder

Tbh. No company is going to beat the Itouch/Ipod. But together they can. I would say... Samsung, Sony, LG and Sony Ericsson all working together would bring down their app store/market domination of Mp3 players. AND I HOPE THEY DO! Even though i have a iPod, i want competition because the accessories are soo expensive. (Like a mains charging cable, for like 20 quid, when you can get a mains to USB for £5!).

Then some decent headphones by Sony, Good built quality from Samsung, good looks from LG, and usability from Sony Ericsson.

7. Aracos

Aracos What's a Dremel?

Hate to be so negative but it's Sony, it's gonna be as expensive or DARE I SAY IT! WORSE! Than steam pricing ^_^

8. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

wait you mean what Apples has always done since its birth??? lol

anyhow I think it could be a neat little feature, but I need to sell my two old original PSP for a newer model with that nifty video out feature ^_^

9. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

:)

I wasn't even thinking about Apple actually. I was thinking about Sony as it used to be... coming out with kit like the original Walkman and the Discman (Music on the go? Impossible!) or the Trinitron screens. They've let others take the risks into new areas (MP3 players, online application stores, persistent world avatar mechanisms) have seen them succeed, tried to copy them and then fallen flat on their faces in the process. The Playstation was an attempt to lever into the apparently lucrative console market... they succeeded in killing Sega, but dropped the ball when competing with the second Microsoft console and are now struggling to regain enough momentum to see it through.

10. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

ya its a shame the PSP was and still is in all respects an amazing handhelp but I dont know what happened, I still love mine but I will admit since I got my netbook lol I havent touched it much ^^'

11. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

To be fair their prices on the PS3 store arn't too bad and at least unlike Microsofts retarded points system you know what you are paying for something.

12. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

If the original PSP accepted SD cards, this might have worked.

:-\

Tags: Add Tags