1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Nvidia prods Intel with satire site

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 6 Nov 2009.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

I wrote about this here about an hour ago.

I can only call this a cheap shot by nVidia. Apparently the company hasn't anything else to offer these days.

3. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

4. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

lol, love this type of humour. Hope intel respond with something similar.

5. Sifter3000

Sifter3000 I used to be somebody

If only it was actually funny.

6. Lizard

Lizard @ Scan R&D

The only thing funny about this is watching the trouble people get into when they start throwing stones in glass houses.

7. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

Exactly, if you're going to poke a lion you'd better be sure to at least to it with a very sharp stick, otherwise you'll just make a fool of yourself.

As it is it's so unprofessional it made me wonder whether the site was actually created by NVIDIA or some kid trying to stir up trouble.

8. D-Cyph3r

D-Cyph3r Gay for Yunosuke

Pretty much sums up nvidia nowadays. Throwing smack talk and cheap shots about, calling everyone out while they continue to offer NOTHING new to consumers and cause other companies grief (stopping MSI from launching their Lucid based boards anyone?).

Their chipset busniess is all but dead (barring Ion) with their only "new" product being a renamed AMD chipset, they still haven't mentioned the words "fermi" and "gaming" in the same sentence, they have been accused of shady pracrices with developers to limit physX and other feautures for ATI users, they still think SLI is the 2nd coming ad want to charge silly money for the privilige and they won't be giving ATI any competition in DX11 hardware till Q1 next year at the earliest.

How they made a $100m profit in the last quarter is beyond me...

9. frontline

frontline Punish Your Machine

The cartoons seem more bitter than funny, even if the subject is worthy of humour...

10. Zippy

Zippy What's a Dremel?

Do we actually know exactly why they stopped Lucid? You are implying that they do it for insidious reasons? Tech companies have their sole income from creating and acquiring IPs, would you be surprised that they are protecting their interests?

So it is not dead...?

Exactly, accused. A lot of the tech companies get accusations flying around, its normal. It is all about protecting your own interests. Is it really a major concern that nVidia does not have DX11 until Q1? Right now there aren't a lot of DX11 applications... arriving around Q1 won't be late, only that nVidia were not able to brag about it this time. I think the question should be, "Will it be worth the wait?"

I am actually hoping Intel would join in the GPU competition soon, should make things interesting.

It's simple, they are doing something right!

11. Nictron

Nictron Minimodder

I wonder if Nvidia should do this as they are almost guilty of the same thing. Especially how they now limit PhysX if AMD/ATi is present in the system and how they ensure that software PhysX is single threaded only and does not use multi-core systems.

12. amacieli

amacieli What's a Dremel?

At least nVidia can be credited with trying to have a bit of a laugh about things going on, and taking life a little less seriously, unlike some of the hypercritical commenters in this thread.

13. V3ctor

V3ctor Tech addict...

So... nVidia is making funny jokes with Intel... And how about Intel making funny jokes on nVidia's recent "control"... of the Hydra chip on the MSI boards?

14. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

I get the impression that nVidia are trying the 'stick hand in hornet nest and rummage around' system of committing suicide.

Is Otellini known for his sense of humour?

15. robyholmes

robyholmes I'm under your desk...

I live just down the road form Glasshouses, and you don't throw stones, or have a shower...

16. crazyceo

crazyceo What's a Dremel?

Is it just me or do the AMD fanboys scour websites looking for anything to do with AMD product competitors and then sprout nothing but absolute b0ll0ck$! Why don't you go and put that energy into AMD and drag it out of the financial gutter it still resides. Anyone remember paying $40 a share for AMD which is now worth less than $5 today? Ouch!

17. Phil Rhodes

Phil Rhodes Hypernobber

Q1 next year?

Argh. I just told a friend of mine to hold off on a new build on the basis that NV were about to launch new stuff that'd change the market.

Was I wrong to do that?

P

18. alpaca

alpaca llama eats dremel

19. crazyceo

crazyceo What's a Dremel?

No you weren't. Just hold off if you can then you will be in hardware/driver bliss with nvidia.

20. ssj12

ssj12 Minimodder

They are hiring x86 engineers for processors. I figure they will be around for a while.

Tags: Add Tags