1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blogs Everything I Know About Games I Learned From Timecop

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Sifter3000, 26 Mar 2010.

1. Sifter3000

Sifter3000 I used to be somebody

2. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

Yes, I did, nothing so old tho. Half-Life 2. I booted into my PC and it never let me down!

3. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

The Assassins Creed advert with Teardrop by Massive Attack is the music, I love that advert more than the game as it's just so beautiful.

4. Hugo

Hugo Ex-TrustedReviews Staff

Be honest, you only have to hear the name Timecop to know you want to see that film because it must be inherently bad-ass.

5. zimbloggy

zimbloggy Genius Extraordinaire

The annoying thing is that when me and my brother weren't ever able to buy brand new games, we would look at the box and think that there were these great features and cool things that you could do, when it really wasn't that great.

I hate games sometimes because of this. All these features that are advertised turn out to be so "game-y". Assassin's Creed is a great example. They acted like (especially in the trailer) you could blend in with the crowd and lose your pursuants in a big group of priests, but what it turned out to be was that you pressed the "blend" button in any situation to keep the guards from attacking you and the "crowd" of priests was actually just four guys that you could only blend in when the guards didn't see you.

6. yakyb

yakyb i hate the person above me

assassins creed is a great timecop example

FF7 is a great BGE example

7. Artanix

Artanix Minimodder

megalomania on the mega CD, that stupid advert with the scarey face haha. can't find it on youtube though, that one stuck with me ages, turned out to be pants. so glad i didn't get a mega CD for it.

8. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Brr. Just saying the words 'scary face' always reminds me of that Aphex Twin video - another song and video that stuck with me, though for all the wrong reasons.

9. Kris

Kris Lord Lolwut

damn it, i had already forgotten the awsomeness that is jcvd :D remember loving his movies 10+ years ago, until i found out about jet li. nothing like some nostalgia!

<hurries off to rent the dvd of timecop>

10. paisa666

paisa666 I WILL END YOU!!!

Here you got some more :)

http://63.236.73.75/images/games/shot//Dreams_to_Reality/02.jpg

http://63.236.73.75/images/games/shot//Dreams_to_Reality/01.jpg

http://www.unseen64.net/wp-content/gallery/dreams-to-reality/dream3.jpg

The first Age of Empires did this to me, advertising such great features as bulding a huge empire, an army and an economy but ofc in RTS you dont get the feel of expanding anything, but hey, it was 1997, i was 13 years old and the decision of getting the game was in my dad's hands, so when i saw the advert and the review (on a magazing ofcourse) it became an obsession for me.

11. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Tbh, it doesn't look like a classic.

Tags: Add Tags