1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Green Day Rock Band review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Lizard, 16 Jun 2010.

1. Lizard

Lizard @ Scan R&D

2. _Metal_Guitar_

_Metal_Guitar_ What's a Dremel?

Green Day? What an awful choice for a music game. Simple and repetative. They should try using a band like Dream Theater or Opeth. They'd need some more buttons though.

3. Pieface

Pieface Modder

Oh yes, I'm sure the public would flock to get the well known Opeth's Rock Band over the unfamous Green Day rock band.

4. Sleepstreamer

Sleepstreamer I modded christmas!

5. Unknownsock

Unknownsock What's a Dremel?

People actually like green day? :eek:

6. theflatworm

theflatworm Gordon Freeman's Crowbar

The Mars Volta Rock Band. Now THAT would be something.

In any case, if lack the skill to play Green Day songs on a normal guitar, you've got serious motor skill issues.

7. Sifter3000

Sifter3000 I used to be somebody

You'd need about eight hands. And a lot of LSD. I could really go for some At the Drive In actually.

8. Aracos

Aracos What's a Dremel?

Of all the music games you chose green day rock band to review. I would've preferred a late guitar hero 5 review better lol!

9. urobulos

urobulos Minimodder

Maybe it was chosen to showcase the demise of the music genre?

10. Sifter3000

Sifter3000 I used to be somebody

AFAIK, we were never sent GH5; we would have reviewed Rock Band Beatles but I was out of the country on my sabbatical when it came out. We'll definitely be looking to do RB3 / GH 6...

11. capnPedro

capnPedro Hacker. Maker. Engineer.

Seriously, where is Rock Band/Guitar Hero Iron Maiden/KISS/Def Leppard/Bon Jovi/ZZ Top/Led Zeppelin?

You know, things that would be good? :lol:

12. Aracos

Aracos What's a Dremel?

Well I can tell you GH6 = crap and Rock Band 3 = Possibility of reguvenating the music genre!

13. _Metal_Guitar_

Green Day are awful though, I just don't see a punk band, where they know as many chords as there are buttons on the controller, is going to be any fun. Opeth and Dream Theater, while not as well known, would have made for challenging gameplay. Any metal/prog/rock band in fact. Trivium/Pink Floyd/Led Zep/ These would just have been more interesting.

And to hell with the 'public'. I went to school with the public, and they were idiots.

14. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

All they need to do is stick to DLC, I really don't see the point in Beatles or Green Day rock band.

15. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

GREEN DAY SUCKS!!!!11one THEY SHOULD USE (insert my favorite band here) BECAUSE THEY ARE TEH AWESOME!!!!!eleventyone11

There, that should just about cover the rest of the complaints. Despite anyone's personal feelings about their level of skill (or lack thereof), you have to admit that they are a popular band. As such, they will provide a much wider draw for the game. That said, Dream Theater has a track on Rockband 2, and it's absolutely a blast to play. I certainly wouldn't mind seeing a few more tracks from them. The first time I ran through Panic Attack on the drums on hard I thought my arms were going to fall off. I can manage now, but I'm still far from getting 5 stars. :(

16. _Metal_Guitar_

Panic Attack is a superb song, in fact the whole Octavarium album is fantastic.

It's not that I think they should include the bands I like because I like them, it's purely that it would offer more of a challenge. Punk rock is just not hard enough for an entire game.

17. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

That's a fair enough criticism, but you have to keep in mind that they're investing time and money to produce the game, and in order to guarantee a return on the investment they have to appeal to the broadest market possible. I would wager that more people have heard of Green Day than Dream Theater, and the general public is more interested in the band game genre as a party game, rather than an exercise in complex instrumentation.

18. The Professor

The Professor What's a Dremel?

Green Day rock band aint two bad but theyd be better of doin one on queen or guns n roses

19. _Metal_Guitar_

I know you are right. It's just a shame, thats all.

20. Raptor77

Raptor77 What's a Dremel?

It would make more sense to me if they released "Rock Band - Pop Punk", and put more than just Green Day on there. A bit more variety that way.

I still wouldn't be interested though.

Tags: Add Tags