1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blogs Gaming Podcast 14 - Of Adverts and Atheism

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 29 Jun 2010.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. erratum1

erratum1 What's a Dremel?

A gaming podcast, great thanx. First reply, I rule !

3. yakyb

yakyb i hate the person above me

just had an idea for your podcasts why not invite forum members to come in for the podcast every so often ask their opinions on things such as advertising etc

4. Sifter3000

Sifter3000 I used to be somebody

Doing it with a forum person would require more audio recording abilities and knowledge than we possess, frankly :p

We do ask for input over Twitter "live" as we record the podcast, though!

5. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

If you've got thoughts on anything from a past podcast then send us an email and we'll include it fo sho!

6. Hovis

Hovis What's a Dremel?

Currently playing APB and have yet to actually hear an advert. Wonder if they will come in with the launch version, or if they are just a myth.

7. WildThing

WildThing Minimodder

Nice podcast, great to hear Paul has come out of his shell. :)

8. Podge4

Podge4 Oi, whats your game?

A quick rant about advertising in games. Some of the types of games you guys touched on like Burnout and football games i would expect some sort of billboard ads around the place. The likes of Fifa allow you to wear Nike and Adidas boots, my gripe was with Fight Night Round 4 on the 360, again you can buy Adidas and Lonsdale gloves and boots but it doesn't shove it in you're face.

Thats not the issue tho, I hadn't played it for a little while and i think because id clicked on a video for a LG tv on xbox live it then proceeded to post two big boxes advertising this tv on the loading screen, that really did get me more than a little angry. Mind you, it is EA, Robdogs.

Im Lovin' Fallout 3 again. I got L4D2 on steam sale for bout £6.40, Zeno Clash for £2 odd, and AVP Original 2000 version for 75p. was tempted with Eve for £1.50 but wasn't too sure.

One last quick rant, i know everyone hates GFWL, but i've not had a problem... untill now, GTA4 has worked perfect with it but now im waiting to hear from Microsoft again cos it says i've exceeded my amount of key activations on it with GFWL, key works still with game, you can only use key with it bout 5 times. F*#king s*@tty GFWL, thats why everyone hates you, and Microsoft have been no help so far, i'll see what happens when they ring me back.

Sry for long rant, but it feels better now.

Last edited: 30 Jun 2010
  9. Material

Material Soco Amaretto Lime

Thanks, I was on slightly firmer ground talking about games I've played rather than Computex. Truth be told I was terrified for the entire duration of my first podcast, all my time was spent making sure I didn't say anything stupid.

10. b5k

b5k What's a Dremel?

Hey, can I just throw out an idea for ALL your podcasts, not just this one...

USE A COMPRESSOR!

Some people are consistently quiet, some are consistently loud but they're both 100% annoying. Get on it!

Tags: Add Tags