1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News EA: FIFA 11 coming to PC

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 9 Jul 2010.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Oh good. I've always thought that PC graphics were too good and needed dumbing down...

3. lacuna

lacuna Minimodder

If the graphics were improved the pc gamers would only moan about the delay/controls/options/multiplayer/price/drm/etc. so you might aswell just get stuck into the obvious I suppose

4. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

Console-Quality graphics to the PC? So the game will look like sht...

5. Yoy0YO

Yoy0YO Lurky Lurker

Good if you have... a.. HTPC? I never saw the hype in sports games that EA pumps out every year. Its befuddles me. Fifa, Madden, Rugby, NHL, I think countries are targetted with their national sport which is clever in money making.

6. do_it_anyway

do_it_anyway Minimodder

Bee? As in Bumble?
    (Am I ready for my Pedantic, spelling mistake badge now?)

In relation to the article itself.... are EA really trying to sell the idea of a consle port as a good thing? Kudos for the level of cheek / naivity there.

7. johnnyboyhogg

johnnyboyhogg What's a Dremel?

The crap FIFA games on the pc over the last few years have been the only games that keep me buying consoles, so if FIFA 2011 pc version is as good as FIFA 2011 console version maybe I won't need my console any more and will be a big step up for the FIFA fans who prefer pc gaming (like myself).

8. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

Bout time, it's been the same crap for years!

9. yakyb

yakyb i hate the person above me

love playing pro evo on my htpc may pick this up not sure yet

10. V3ctor

V3ctor Tech addict...

Yay, I can play this on my 780G board... I don't have to buy a new graphics card to play this...

11. Altron

Altron Minimodder

Oh, you mean Vuvuzela Hero 3? I heard that it will include a special vuvuzela controller with one button, and whoever holds it down the longest wins!

12. Denis_iii

Denis_iii What's a Dremel?

EA sucks balls

UrbanMarine likes this.
  13. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Have any of you guys bitching about dumbing down the PC version any idea what the differences between Fifa on PC v console actually are?

Fifa on PC hasn't changed since 07, technically. Graphics & [more importantly] gameplay on consoles are vastly superior to the PC version and have been for years. Ever since the introduction of Fifa on next-gen consoles such [360 & PS3] the PC community has been crying out to get the same graphics & gameplay for PC but EA always used the lame excuse about PCs not being multi-threaded enough.

This will be a huge step forward for Fifa on PC actually. So stop moaning about things you don't care enough about to even try to understand.

[/rant]

14. Nikols

Nikols What's a Dremel?

Another fanchise pc bound. Don't care if it's muck, if this is a recurring trend then more decent franchises will follow and hopefully start exploring some dx11 tweaks, we'll be spoilt for choice.

15. Goty

Goty Minimodder

Sooo, all three of you, then?

16. Altron

Altron Minimodder

I think it is more irony than actual bitching.

The quotes are just funny "Now you can get the newest generation console performance, from your PC!" since most of us have owed PCs with significantly higher performing hardware than current consoles for years.

We usually associate a console game ported to PC as being missed potential, as current gaming PCs can do a lot more than current consoles. In this case, as pointed out by you and several other people, the old PC version of this game was so bad that a console port is actually an improvement, which is the opposite of what we're used to.

Their secretary or PR person who wrote that blog post probably didn't know about the hardware comparisons, and only knew that they were upgrading the PC version to being as good as the console version. To us, it's ridiculous because we are used to PC versions being better than console versions, and PC-exclusive games having much better graphics than console-to-PC ports.

17. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

It'll make me happy i got fifa 10 given to me for the PC and quite enjoyed it (playing with a custom team) but its quality was way behind the console versions.

I dont see this as EA saying the PCs finally capable of it, more were finally going to port the console engine across to to he PC.

18. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

since release of Pro Evo, people still play FIFA?

19. mastorofpuppetz

mastorofpuppetz What's a Dremel?

Im a PC gamer, PC snobs, graphics on console are hardly shiit, in fact, God of War 3, Uncharted 2, only a couple PC games actually match those (One is 2 + years old). Sports games on console look fine. I love my PC, but very few games today are designed to use the latest PC hardware.

20. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

That's exactly it! It may be that football games on the PC have lagged behind the consoles, but most other games (FPS etc) look a hell of a lot better on the PC.

Tags: Add Tags