1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blogs Hardware 23 - Socket to 'em

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 9 May 2011.

1. arcticstoat

arcticstoat Minimodder

This week, Clive, Harry, Paul and Antony discuss Folding@home, going through what it's all about and what hardware you should be using to generate the most points per day.

Also on the agenda are some of our thoughts about factory-overclocked graphics cards. We discuss where in the market these provide real value, and when you’d be better of trading up to a better GPU altogether...

http://www.bit-tech.net/blog/podcasts/2011/05/09/hardware-23-socket-to-em/

2. j_jay4

j_jay4 Minimodder

hip hip hooray for the SSD labs test coming up :)

3. Lamebot

Lamebot What's a Dremel?

It'd more likely be a online guide like the last one we did as there isn't likely to be much difference between drives with the same controller chip making a full CPC labs potentially a little dry.

4. WildThing

WildThing Minimodder

Another great podcast imo. Please don't edit out any SSD talk! I find SSD tech very interesting, and Harry is the SSD king! :rock:

5. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

can't wait for the cool name competition :D

original Pentium had the maths problem.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P5_(microarchitecture)

speaking of fail processors, Netburst used in Pentium 4 are awful, very long pipeline with bad branch prediction. great retail success due to the Intel marketing machine, but they are huge fail in terms of performance/heat against AMD's Athlon, that is also when Athlon gained its name.

that is why Intel decided to go back to Pentium 3 architecture as base model for it's winning Core 2 Duo architecture and all that greatness followed.

6. runadumb

runadumb What's a Dremel?

Needs more SSD's!!!

I hope Antony didn't say anything important/interesting as I couldn't hear him most of the time while listening in the car. Whenever I turned up the volume Clive tried to DESTROY MY SPEAKERS WITH HIS MASSIVE VOCALS!

Tags: Add Tags