1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware SilverStone TJ08-E Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 7 Sep 2011.

1. arcticstoat

arcticstoat Minimodder

2. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

Any idea when this will be available?

3. Instagib

Instagib Minimodder

They've been out awhile. Scan are currently sold out though.

4. longweight

Any idea where I can get it? Can't seem to find it at the moment.

5. GuilleAcoustic

GuilleAcoustic Ook ? Ook !

nom nom nom .... interesting

6. bOO9000

bOO9000 What's a Dremel?

Can you review the Fractal Define Mini soon please ?

7. Jack_Pepsi

Jack_Pepsi Clan BeeR Founder

I like this case, but the easy access drive bay should have been made central for aesthetic purposes. It makes me twitch having it slightly ajar.

Last edited: 7 Sep 2011
  8. NetSphere

NetSphere What's a Dremel?

Any idea if we could get Bit-tech to do a review on a mediocre case + Air Penetrator fans and see the difference in cooling?

Almost get the impression that the Silverstone cases are ok and the Air Penetrator fans make them awesome... As opposed to the cases being great and the AP fans making them even more awesome.

Imagine a Fractal Design R3 + AP Fans? Has anyone done that?

9. Xir

Xir Modder

That's so thraight-through cooled it's almost BTX :D
    With that loadout, you could leave out the harddrive tray entirely (was empty, right?)

Would the Be Quiet! Dark Rock Advanced have fit where the tranquilo sits now?

10. Blarte

Blarte Moderate Modder

cooling is brilliant .. it just looks cheap and a bit naff

11. Farfalho

Farfalho Minimodder

Great case really. Might consider it for future builds, for a LAN Party PC or to my friends when building a new rig for them

12. Flip

Flip What's a Dremel?

Hmm I might be interested in this one, I actually like the look of it.

13. Lizard

Lizard @ Scan R&D

We already have, you can read it here.

14. abezors

abezors Lurking since '08

If *only* it was ATX and not just mATX! It could have been a real contender against Lian Li A05nb.

At least the price is spot on.

15. S1W1

S1W1 Minimodder

+1
    I was wondering that as well- it would be great to see a review of the AP fans, including testing them in a range of other cases instead of the stock fans.

I guess that would be a fairly obscure review though- you guys probably have better things to do with your time...

16. kzinti1

kzinti1 What's a Dremel?

Is there some unknown reason that the size of the case cannot be shown in the title of these reviews?
    I really can't see how typing "Full Tower", "Mid-Tower", "Mini-Tower" or whatever other basic spec could not be listed with the name of a reviewed case in the header of its review.
    The only reason I can imagine I really can't bring myself to consider. Editorial laziness just doesn't seem possible since the reviews are so thorough, therefore some other reason of which I am unaware must apply.
    Elucidate, please. This seemed to be a rather interesting case until I finally realized, on the second page, that it's of the mini/micro variety of which I am not the least bit concerned.
    You have wasted my time with this article. Something which cannot be replaced and is the most precious commodity there is. Hopefully I haven't wasted some of it myself by asking that you correctly title your reviews.

17. longweight

If you had read and fully understood the review then you may have noticed this, the first sentence of the second paragraph on the first page:

Unlike normal micro-ATX and ATX cases, which mount the motherboard with the CPU area at the top, the TJ08-E places the motherboard upside down.

This is your first clue to the fact that the article could possibly be reviewing a micro-ATX case.

It is also stated in the second half of the last sentence of the seventh paragragh

Meanwhile, a similarly generous CPU cooler clearance of 165mm also means that, despite the TJ08-E’s diminutive size, there are few limitations on your hardware choices beyond the micro-ATX motherboard.

You seem to have also missed the specification table at the bottom of the first page that states both the case dimensions and the motherboard sizes that it is compatible with.

I do apologise if you did miss this whilst reading the article. I understand that you are disappointed that Bit Tech have committed a huge journalistic faux pas by not adhering to the International Article Title guidelines and I am sure that they are sincerely sorry for wasting your time by doing so. I am not sure I fully understand these guidelines, elucidate please.

18. skreenname

skreenname SFF Forever

I think he just wanted a way to tell from a glace what type of case it was.
    So in a list it would be:
    Micro-ATX tower - TJ08-E
    Full tower - Thermaltake armor
    Mid tower- Tuniq 3
    etc.

19. MightyBenihana

MightyBenihana Do or do not, there is no try

I'm looking to build a new PC in the next month and it has to be a mATX form factor as I need to get the thing on a plane (not looking forward to that tbh) and I want to take it as carry on. This seems quite a decent prospect, but I am now torn between this and the Lian Li V354 (just as I had finally decided - thanks BT). This is cheaper but what about the build quality in general? I was considering using a Corsair H60 with the V354 but I could maybe use the Dark Rock cooler with this, again making the overall build cheaper. Argghhh, why does this happen just when you have decided on a build!!!

BT has never reviewed the v354 so I am just wondering if anyone here has some experience with it.

20. fluxtatic

fluxtatic What's a Dremel?

Dude, chill. The odds I'll ever buy most anything bit reviews are 1M:1, but I don't consider it wasted. A little education does an ignorant body good. You've never watched a cat video on YouTube or sat staring out a window for a minute? With the preciousness of your time, I'm surprised you could elucidate so circumlocutorily on the subject. Time's running out! Get to the point, man!

That said, this case is relevant to my interests - I'm looking at micro-ATX cases for a project in the very early planning stages, and most of what I've found so far have been ass-ugly.

Tags: Add Tags